Where's the bar?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 10, 2004 6:58:35 PM

Strange thing

The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a file,
and has the spelling icon,
and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? I've
searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.

Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen that
tells
you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.

Can anyone help me get these back?

More Windows fun.

Thanks!

More about : bar

July 10, 2004 7:20:59 PM

Found the Explorer setting, but Word setting still eludes.

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> Strange thing
>
> The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a file,
> and has the spelling icon,
> and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? I've
> searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.
>
> Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen
that
> tells
> you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.
>
> Can anyone help me get these back?
>
> More Windows fun.
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 8:34:04 PM

Tony wrote:

> Found the Explorer setting, but Word setting still eludes.
>

> "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
>
>>Strange thing
>>
>>The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a file,
>>and has the spelling icon,
>>and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? I've
>>searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.
>>
>>Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen
>
> that
>
>>tells
>>you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.
>>
>>Can anyone help me get these back?
>>
>>More Windows fun.
>>
>>Thanks!

For Word, try "Tools", "Options", select "View" Tab & then check "Status
Bar".

HTH

Regards,
John
Related resources
July 10, 2004 11:03:24 PM

Thanks!

No idea why Word turned it off

"John J. Burness" <JohnJBurnessAT@ieeDOT.orgNOSPAM> wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
>
> > Found the Explorer setting, but Word setting still eludes.
> >

> > "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Strange thing
> >>
> >>The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a
file,
> >>and has the spelling icon,
> >>and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back?
I've
> >>searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.
> >>
> >>Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen
> >
> > that
> >
> >>tells
> >>you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.
> >>
> >>Can anyone help me get these back?
> >>
> >>More Windows fun.
> >>
> >>Thanks!

> For Word, try "Tools", "Options", select "View" Tab & then check "Status
> Bar".
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
> John
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 3:54:04 AM

In Word:
Tools > Options > View > place a checkmark next to 'Status bar'.

In Internet Explorer:
View > Status Bar

Rocky

!