Where's the bar?

Strange thing

The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a file,
and has the spelling icon,
and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? I've
searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.

Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen that
tells
you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.

Can anyone help me get these back?

More Windows fun.

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about where

    Found the Explorer setting, but Word setting still eludes.

    Tony wrote:

    > Found the Explorer setting, but Word setting still eludes.
    >

    > "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Strange thing
    >>
    >>The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a file,
    >>and has the spelling icon,
    >>and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? I've
    >>searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.
    >>
    >>Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen
    >
    > that
    >
    >>tells
    >>you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.
    >>
    >>Can anyone help me get these back?
    >>
    >>More Windows fun.
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    For Word, try "Tools", "Options", select "View" Tab & then check "Status
    Bar".

    HTH

    Regards,
    John

    Thanks!

    No idea why Word turned it off

    "John J. Burness" <JohnJBurnessAT@ieeDOT.orgNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Tony wrote:
    >
    > > Found the Explorer setting, but Word setting still eludes.
    > >

    > > "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Strange thing
    > >>
    > >>The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a
    file,
    > >>and has the spelling icon,
    > >>and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back?
    I've
    > >>searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.
    > >>
    > >>Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen
    > >
    > > that
    > >
    > >>tells
    > >>you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.
    > >>
    > >>Can anyone help me get these back?
    > >>
    > >>More Windows fun.
    > >>
    > >>Thanks!

    > For Word, try "Tools", "Options", select "View" Tab & then check "Status
    > Bar".
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Regards,
    > John

    In Word:
    Tools > Options > View > place a checkmark next to 'Status bar'.

    In Internet Explorer:
    View > Status Bar

    Rocky

    "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
    > Strange thing
    >
    > The bottom bar in Word, that tells you how many pages there are in a file,
    > and has the spelling icon,
    > and what page you're on has disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? I've
    > searched through the menus, but can't find the setting.
    >
    > Also, in Internet Explorer, the status bar at the bottom of the screen
    that
    > tells
    > you if the page is downloading etc, has also disappeared.
    >
    > Can anyone help me get these back?
    >
    > More Windows fun.
    >
    > Thanks!

Dell Internet Explorer Computers