MN-700 Failed update process

peter

Hello,

I'm connected via WIRE not wireless, to my MN-700 Base
Station, not using any firewall (not even the WinXP one,
however did I did try the update with the base station
firewall both on and off).

I have tried restarting the base station, both powering
off and a reset from the configuration page.

Anyways, anyone else having this problem? Out of the
three components that were being updated the Boot
Firmware and Runtime Firmware could not be updated,
Application software has no problem...

Did you ensure that you have no proxies setup in IE?

Open Internet Explorer
Then Tools, Options
Then goto the Connections tab and then LAN Settings

Make sure every setting in there is unchecked.

Accept the changes, and then close IE and try again.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm connected via WIRE not wireless, to my MN-700 Base
> Station, not using any firewall (not even the WinXP one,
> however did I did try the update with the base station
> firewall both on and off).
>
> I have tried restarting the base station, both powering
> off and a reset from the configuration page.
>
> Anyways, anyone else having this problem? Out of the
> three components that were being updated the Boot
> Firmware and Runtime Firmware could not be updated,
> Application software has no problem...

peter

Jason,

Very good catch. I do have a PROXY but had it disabled.
(in IE as you indicated below) After closing all my
browsers it seems to have gotten further than ever
before, now it asks for my password, that I set up on the
MN-700. But I still get the failed result.

Also, I have to refresh multiple times, just to see the
MN-700 device.

I'm very close to returning the device, as it looks like
not many people are having this issue:(.

Thanks.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have almost the same situation. I have updated the
hardware but can not update the Application software. I
have tried to locate anything that may possibly interfere
with the process while installing Ver. 2.2.0.739 to the
Application.. Any help?