Is It Possible To Assign IRQs In Win2K

In Win98SE I had everything assigned to their respective required IRQs, but so far no matter what the heck I do Win2K is determined to assign IRQ 11 to about 4 items that should not even work together but do, Win98SE would have long ago crashed in a blaze of glory, but somehow Win2K is still going, I even disabled my serial ports that I wasn't using to free up IRQ 3 & 4, but I can't get Win2K to reassign and use them. Whats the deal here can Win2K just handle all these things on one IRQ and I shouldn't worry about it or is it possible to reassign them. IRQ 11 has my Graphics, Sound, Lan, and ATA133 controller card all assigned, Whats Up Doc? Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
wow, I'm surprised you're an addict and have never heard of <A HREF="http://65.68.55.12/inetpub/ftproot/win2k_irq_sharing.htm" target="_new">ACPI IRQ sharing</A>

Anyway, it's perfectly OK. As long as you're not having some wierd unexplained problem, leave it that way.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Thanks jlanka I became an addict in the Win98SE realm and just recently switched to Win2K, the Info link you left was very helpful. Thanks Again Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, usually IRQ sharing isnt a problem. However if it is it's a pain in the bott-bott to rectify... either you disable APCI and loose its functions or you try swapping around PCI slots.

<b>Is that a Sidetracked Thread I see before me? - <i>William Shakespeare, Macbeth</i></b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>