Sign in with
Your question

Free GMail accounts

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
March 16, 2005 12:11:24 PM

Reply with an email address to which I can send an invite. Gmail has 1GB of free, searchable storage - it ROCKS! If you get a Gmail account from me, then please do at least one WU <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu" target="_new">Folding</A> for THG's Folding Team <A HREF="http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampa..." target="_new">40051</A>. Not mandatory, but we could use the help and it's for a great cause!

More about : free gmail accounts

March 16, 2005 1:06:52 PM

walton909@gmail.com - Thanks :smile:

I have 50 invites too, just like the rest of the world! I wonder when this this is coming out of BETA?

March 16, 2005 1:18:01 PM

I think it may come out of BETA in 1st April of this year, at it's 1st anniversary of public disclosure.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 16, 2005 1:19:46 PM

molarman777@yahoo.com Thanks

I would love to help with the folding from home.

Thanks,
Molar
March 16, 2005 1:47:39 PM

astrotech66@comcast.net

Thanks!

<i>Money talks. Mine always likes to say "goodbye." :smile: </i>
a b à CPUs
March 16, 2005 2:54:23 PM

Done!

March 16, 2005 2:56:10 PM

Done for Astro...

March 16, 2005 2:58:00 PM

DOH! Should have read all the posts before...Oh well, they'll get multiple invites!

March 16, 2005 3:02:12 PM

<A HREF="http://isnoop.net/gmail/" target="_new"> Thousands of G-Mail addressess for anyone who wants one! </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
March 16, 2005 3:02:20 PM

d_tenn@hotmail.com
March 16, 2005 3:02:49 PM

Actually, half a million available...

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
a b à CPUs
March 16, 2005 3:04:31 PM

Gotcha!

March 16, 2005 3:06:51 PM

HEY! I'm trying to get some more Board Mates folding! :lol:  You're killin business! 500K...whew that's a lot.

March 16, 2005 3:10:37 PM

[/shrugs] I am all for folding myself... 5000+pnts

a b à CPUs
March 16, 2005 3:11:56 PM

Just messin with you Rich - don't take me seriously! :wink: Are you one of the single rig folders like me? I'm closing in on 6K right now...need some juicier WUs to push me over the edge.

47 invites left.

<font color=red>You're a boil on the arse of progress - don't make me squeeze you!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rugger on 03/16/05 12:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 16, 2005 3:34:27 PM

Yeah, but I have paused. Got into to some heavy rendering on a job (pays the bills) and have not started back yet.

March 16, 2005 3:57:53 PM

ChipDeath@gmail.com :wink:

I guarantee you'll be back up to 50 in no time.

I just can't get rid of them fast enough. My friends either have one already, or are 'happy' with some other crap. One of them's even <i>paid</i> to upgrade his yahoo account..

Mad people.

I like g-mail loads. It's nice and fast to use (although as more people sign up I'm sure that'll change), has loads of storage space, and I much prefer the labelling system to having lots of separate folders.

---
A64 3200+ Winchester @ 250x10= ~2.5Ghz, ~1.41 Vcore
1Gb @ 209Mhz, 2T, 3-5-5-10
Voltmodded Sapphire 9800Pro @ 450/350 w/ modded VGA silencer 3.
a b à CPUs
March 16, 2005 4:15:59 PM

Couldn't agree more with the format and loading. I draw a blank on why anyone would want to pay for a service that they can get for free... :eek: 

March 17, 2005 3:14:01 PM

By the way, I can offer some too! I have 50 invitation left and I don't know what to do with them!

-
GA-K8NF-9 / <b><font color=green>Athlon 64 3200+</font color=green> @ 3800+</b>
Infineon DDR400 (CL2.5) 2x512Megs
<font color=green>GeForce 6600GT 128Megs</font color=green>
<A HREF="http://www.getfirefox.com" target="_new">Firefox</A>
a b à CPUs
March 17, 2005 10:08:38 PM

I've given away ten recently and I'm back up to 50 already!

March 18, 2005 7:29:25 AM

I have a gmail account that still 'only' has 6 invites. Does this make me special? :eek:  (I have 99 available in two others though :wink: )

---
Voltmodded (1.99V) Sapphire 9800Pro @ 460/350 w/ modded VGA silencer 3.
March 18, 2005 8:38:37 AM

Paying for Yahoo or Hotmail account is the most stupid thing to do, even by "Average Joe" standard.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
March 18, 2005 10:26:26 AM

He originally paid to 'upgrade' his hotmail account from 2Mb to 250Mb I think, either around the time g-mail came out or just before, so it wasn't <i>that</i> stupid at the time, but if he'd put in a little research beforehand he could have avoided all that pain.

I had another friend who liked the fact Hotmail was compatible with outlook express, but since they've added POP3 support to gmail anyway now (in fact hotmail have withdrawn outlook support for new accounts now), that's a moot point.

Being able to use outlook Express for hotmail used to be a big plus point for me, but like I said above I actually really like Gmail's web interface, so I don't really care about that anymore anyway.

Incidentally Spitfire, I'm pretty sure you're the one who first gave me a g-mail invite, so I have you to thank for it! Just don't expect a kiss or anything :eek: 

---
Voltmodded (1.99V) Sapphire 9800Pro @ 460/350 w/ modded VGA silencer 3.
March 18, 2005 12:29:42 PM

Nah, I don't expect anything. Afterall, I got my account from somebody else, just like you :) 

------------
March 18, 2005 5:47:27 PM

Quote:
He originally paid to 'upgrade' his hotmail account from 2Mb to 250Mb I think, either around the time g-mail came out or just before, so it wasn't that stupid at the time, but if he'd put in a little research beforehand he could have avoided all that pain.

Are you sure that he paid for that? Hotmail upgraded <i>everyone</i> to 250MB for free <i>because</i> of g-mail.

I'm still at Hotmail myself, but that's because I've had that address for nearly a decade now so all of my friends and family know it. (That was <i>why</i> I got a Hotmail account in the first place, so that my email address doesn't change every time I change my ISP.)

I might have considered switching to g-mail had Hotmail not upgraded their free offering. At 2MB I was, on rare occasion, <i>close</i> to maxing out my account. At 250MB though I'll never have to worry about that again. :)  It kind of reminds me of Geocities in that respect actually.

-----
200,000 miles or bust!
<pre><font color=white>Antec Sonata, 2x120mm fans, P4C 2.6GHz, Asus P4P800Dlx,
2x512MB CorsairXMS3200C2 in DC, Leadtek A6600GT TDH, 2xHitachi 60GB in RAID1</font color=white></pre><p>
March 19, 2005 2:02:39 AM

When Hotmail "Free" was 2 MB, then people paid for a 25 MB or 50 MB upgrade.

Now the paid users get 2 GB

------------
March 19, 2005 2:35:52 AM

I'm interested - lbrigham@vsync.com

--------------------------------------------
In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
a b à CPUs
March 19, 2005 8:30:24 AM

You got it, ya sexy lil bisatch!

March 22, 2005 7:35:45 PM

Thanks for the invite and so far I like the gmail.

Molar
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2005 8:23:12 PM

You're welcome! Thank you for joining THGs Folding Team - 40051. That shiny new rig is gonna pound out some WUs in NO time! :smile:

July 18, 2005 1:14:57 PM

PM me an email and I will send you an invite.

July 18, 2005 7:07:49 PM

>Are you sure that he paid for that? Hotmail upgraded everyone
> to 250MB for free because of g-mail.

I know this is an old post Im replying to, but even today my venerable hotmail account is still only 2 MB.

I heard somewhere that only US accounts where upgraded for some odd reason, so I even tried changing my personal information so that I would be a US citizen (someone told me that would ensure my free upgrade) some months ago, but Im still at just 2 Mb. Not that I care, I use gmail through POP now. POP access is the real reason I love gmail (IMO its webinterface sucks horribly).

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
July 18, 2005 7:16:48 PM

I changed my information to US also and it took some time but they finally gave me the 250GB

<b><font color=green>Celibacy is not hereditary<font color=green></b>
July 18, 2005 7:27:27 PM

I think that you wanted to reply to rugger.
PM him and edit out your e mail from the forum, is not a good idea to post your email in a public place like this.

<b><font color=green>Celibacy is not hereditary<font color=green></b>
July 18, 2005 7:32:27 PM

Wow... I 250GB is a lot drunky...

P.S. I know what you meant, but I just wanted to piss you off, and let you know that I am back from vacation.
a b à CPUs
July 18, 2005 7:34:28 PM

Got the email and sending the invite. Looking forward to seeing you bust a fold on a protein or two!

July 18, 2005 7:35:39 PM

Where'd you go?

July 18, 2005 7:48:58 PM

hmm i got a gmail acoount as my primary acct and i would like to contribute 20-25 invites as that i haven;t used much of mine :p 
July 18, 2005 7:58:28 PM

I was in Toronto for a while, then I was lucky enough to get to spend some extra time in small town Saskatchewan (it sucks). Toronto was really nice, but I am surely going to remain in Calgary until I die... I would miss the rednecks too much to live in Toronto.
a b à CPUs
July 18, 2005 7:59:06 PM

Feel free - if you get to the beggar before I do, then post to say that you've sent the invite.

July 18, 2005 7:59:54 PM

I send invites and my invites keep replenshing. I don't think i've had less than 40 - ever.

July 19, 2005 12:43:14 AM

I wait and the numbers go back up...simple as that.

July 19, 2005 7:11:38 AM

If you get dragged back to Toronto in ths summer, go to Sauble beach. okay, it's a hundred miles north west of there, but it's worth the trip.
I went there last week. The beach is the nicest I've ever seen. I've been to beaches on 3 oceans, a bunch of seas, and more lakes than I can count.
Even though it's lake Huron, the water is clear and warm.
The sand is too fine for use in hour glasses, and somehow, it doesn't get too hot to walk on, even in 35c heat. You can walk staight out for about 1/2 kilometre and still have your head above water.
July 19, 2005 8:00:53 AM

xpatty_man@hotmail.com

THANK YOU :) 
a b à CPUs
July 19, 2005 11:51:03 AM

Sent. Delete your email from your previous post. Looking forward to folding some proteins with you!

Fold@Home with <A HREF="http://www.teamthgc.blogdns.org/team.htm" target="_new">Team THGC</A>!!

July 19, 2005 7:13:07 PM

I will use that advice endyen as I am sure I will go back next summer.
!