Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

I just recently finished my basement and would like to make it into a
gameroom. Can anyone tell me how/where to buy pinball machines that are
not to expensive? I'm not looking for anything really new but something
that works and looks decent. I live in the Allentown area and I guess I
just missed a show in York. Is the one coming to Allentown?

You just missed the show in Allentown, the York show is upcoming Oct
7th -8th
http://www.theyorkshow.com/
You can sometimes get good deals at shows - you looking for EMs or
Solidstates? Where in Allentown I just moved there myself.

The Allentown show is usually around May.

Make sure if you buy a game at the York show that you play it a lot
first to make sure you like it. Something that happens sometime at
shows is that flippers and bumpers etc. will seem weak - this is
because of low line voltage at a show where there's 100+ machines on at
once.

Bring a truck too as most folks at a show can't or won't deliver..... I
can handle machines by myself on an appliance truck, but plan on having
someone that can help you move it.

good luck and maybe I'll see you there!!

Jon,
Go to the York show on Friday Oct 7th (take the day off from work if
you have to) and bring plenty of cash a large truck or van etc that can
fit pinballs into it. Play as many pinball machines as you like
there(taking your time to see what you like) and just pick out what
your pocket cash and truck or van can handle. After you find out what
games are right for you, buy them. Pack the games up safely into your
truck and take them home with you. This is the best way to buy pinball
machines. Any other way is a risk unless you know someone selling games
close by that has them set up and working 100% for you to view and play
in person.

The York show is on October 7th and October 8th so you have not missed that
show yet. Allentown show is not until next May.

Your best bet is to check the Mr. pinball classifieds at www.mrpinball.com
and see if you can find someone local who is selling pins, or go to the
upcoming York show. Bottom line is you should see the machine in person
before committing to buy...a common mistake made by purchasing on eBay sight
unseen.

Good luck! I'll have 5 pinball machines setup for free play and for sale at
the york show. Email me for more details.

Dave Martin
pinballs-at-ptd.net

"Jon" <hutch@lehigh.edu> wrote in message
>I just recently finished my basement and would like to make it into a
>gameroom. Can anyone tell me how/where to buy pinball machines that are not
>to expensive? I'm not looking for anything really new but something that
>works and looks decent. I live in the Allentown area and I guess I just
>missed a show in York. Is the one coming to Allentown?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jon,

That other reply regarding mrpinball.com is excellent. This address is
pretty much the same thing:

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/classified/

I used those ads and found (and bought of course) my two pinball
machines: Black Hole and Haunted House. I was fortunate to buy them
right here in my own home state of Virginia. Are you looking for a
specific game? It really helps if you know what you want. I bought
these two because they were my favorites growing up. Little tip:
Haunted House is a triple level game while BH is the first game to
feature a lower level. Very unique, but not always easy to find. I got
pretty lucky. Let me know if you have questions.

Take care,

Rob

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Just sent you an e-mail. I'm less than an hour away from you and I
have shopped & refurbished games starting under $700. 25+ machines set
up for you to try out. If you are new to pinball, I can give you some
pointers and I'll always give you free phone/e-mail support. I'm a
nice guy too!

Come on down!