Unable to Launch Room

For the past couple of days I have not been able to access the Euchre
or Cribbage Rooms (or anything else probably) - it comes up with
message "Unable to launch room - please restart your browser and try
again" But this doesn't work. Have tried disabling various things to
no avail.
Any suggestions please

paxis wrote:

> For the past couple of days I have not been able to access the Euchre
> or Cribbage Rooms (or anything else probably) - it comes up with
> message "Unable to launch room - please restart your browser and try
> again" But this doesn't work. Have tried disabling various things to
> no avail.
> Any suggestions please

Within the last few days, these files were updated: Zone.zat plus all
the files in the ZSetup folder. You might delete those files then
reenter the Zone for fresh copies.

Also, open Internet Properties, General tab, Settings button, View
Objects button. If HeartbeatCtrl, ZoneAxRcMgr Class, or ZoneIntro Class
is listed as Damaged, right-click, click Update to repair the ActiveX
component.

If a Windows Update changed the firewall or browser settings, you may
have to figure out exactly what is being blocked. Other software might
be blocking entry, such as another firewall. Since yours is the first
instance of this error message (this week), I doubt it's any common
problem with the Zone, McAfee, Windows or Nortons software. The Zone
does change ports for specific rooms, and change IP addresses. If your
cache is remembering old addresses, that could cause the error. Try
these browser settings:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

Check out the rest of that page for more suggestions.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.

many thanks elmo - tried everything you suggested - finally completely
removed msn zone programme and started again and things seem fine now.