Network Folders

Craig

On Windows ME i was able to share my hard drive on my
wireless network, with a password so that it was
accessable on all computers on the network, but only by
people who had the password. How can i do this on windows
XP? the only options i see are to make the drive open, or
private, how can i make it open to the network, but by
password only?
Thank you for your help in advance

joker

You need to do the following.

First you must use Windows XP Pro.

Second you need to format the drive with the NTFS file system.

Third you need to disable simple file & printer sharing.

If you have any problems doing this post in a Windows XP newsgroup.

This newsgroup is only for the Microsoft networking hardware & not
networking in general.