Trouble installing windows 7 from a usb to a ssd

avengerlol

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

I am getting a hdd in a few weeks but for now all i have is a SSD and don't even plan on playing a lot of games, mostly gw2 and tf2 and farcry 3, but Whenever i attempt to install it, on the screen with refresh, delete, format, load driver, new, i get this error "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information.

I have tried using diskpart and have also tried going into bios and changing stuff around on my storage settings,
My first boot option is the ssd but it always boots to the usb regardless ( I guess because there's nothing on the ssd )
It tells me on windows 7 my total space is 59.6 GB but it is a 64 GB. I guess that doesn't matter.

I have a crucial m4 64 gb ssd and an asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard

First you boot from your usb and the installation starts. At one point you have to choose the disk to install to. There you click on advanced disk options an DELETE all the partitions that may be on the disk. The ssd has to be raw when installing windows. Windows will then create two partitions: one for the boot loader and one c: partition for the windows files. Beside that the 64GB is the raw size and 59.6GB is the formated size.