Sign in with
Your question

PC reboots on game start-up

Last response: in Windows 7
December 19, 2012 7:26:35 PM

I have a self-built PC running Windows 7 that I built about two months ago. Never had any problem with it before.

Recently it started to blue-screen whenever I would try to play any games (that I had played before with no problem). I ran BlueScreenView and determined that the problem was in the video card drivers AND a kernel something or other in the OS itself.

I ran a repair install of Windows 7. Now when I try to start any game, I get no bluescreen, just a reboot. It does not give me a crash log that I can look at in BlueScreenView so I cannot figure out what the problem is.

I have searched around this site for clues and have tried system restore (but it wouldn't let me restore to a date earlier than yesterday which is like two days after the problem first started). I don't think it's overheating because I stuck a big fan next to my computer full-blast and it still restarted on starting a game. I don't think it's my PSU because my PSU is only about a month old and I've never had this problem before. Anyway here's my PC specs.

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz CPU
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W PSU
EVGA P67 SLI 130-SB-E675-KR LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB GPU
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

More about : reboots game start

December 19, 2012 7:28:12 PM

Oh I forgot to mention that I also uninstalled all the graphics card drivers and downloaded/installed the most recent ones off the Nvidia website.
m
l
!