How can I defeat HP low ink warnings?

thelolocaust

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hello,
I have an hp photosmart estation c510 series (the one with the stupid tablet) I have been receiving low ink warnings that cause my print jobs to disappear and won't print. I have a continuous ink system, that works excellently as long as this ridiculous warning would stop screwing it up.
How can I remove this warning forever?
Methods Already tried, that I'm uninterested in pursuing:
Cycling new cartridges
Taping over certain contacts on the ink cartridge to trick the printer into resetting it
s own warning.
Yelling

I'm really looking for a software mod that would allow me to block all incoming messages from the printer (what functionality do I lose? please inform) or some sort of means to disable all HP ink warnings. I'm a big boy and can manage my ink myself, and handle my own warranty voiding responsibility.

I don't need HP to hold my hand and protect me from damaging my hardware, It's mine and if I want to risk breaking it that's what being an American is all about. :hello:

You already tried everything that may have worked, there is nothing available to fix this unless you uninstall all the software and use the base driver, if possible for that printer. Even then it won't stop the printer itself from detecting the ink status.

There are thousands of these questions out there, if someone came up with a way, the 3rd party ink people would be posting it all over the place.

jay-jay_55

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Hi I've had the same problems with hp printers. The solution I found was to completely uninstall all the hp software, restart, and then turn on your printer, and plug in the usb connection and let windows install its driver for the printer. Now your in level problems are completely gone. I have tried this on 3 different model hp printers and its worked on all of them!!!

I hope this work for whatever make or model you're using, good luck

Above will shut off the software nagging, but not the low ink warning on the printer. And there is also an issue with all-in-ones with this, without the full software, scanning often won't work. And Windows needs to have the drivers for the printer model.

Still a good work-around if it's usable for the situation.