[Solved] Computer BSOD/freezes

bowie24

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I had a BSOD overnight, then one again while at work. I've been doing some research with the dump files (which I can upload if requested) but its a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 error. I have reinstalled all drivers, and so far no BSOD while active at my PC.

I noticed a very strange thing happening though. My computer is now randomly freezing (twice now in 1 hour). I am still able to move my mouse and click some times (such as open new tabs on my chrome) but everything stops responding. The last time it happened I managed to open task manager before it locked up. The performance graphs were still working fine and showed nothing unusual. I have to force my PC off (hold the power button), then when it turns back on the motherboard freezes are splash (makes me thing ram, going to do a memtest overnight tonight.), but it works fine when I turn it off and back on it gets past it fine.

Specs: CPU : i7-920 @2.67GHZ Ram: 3x Corsair vengeance 4gb 1600MHZ PSU: TX Corsair 850W GPU: MSI gtx 560ti 448 core Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe
Thanks for reading, I will answer any questions as best I can.

Update: Passed memtest over night and also another freeze I will try and explain what happens with the best detail. I was playing SC2 while in a skype call. I only noticed because the skype call went quiet and the timer froze for call duration, then SC2 froze (could still hear the sounds from it).
I could open new google chrome tabs fine and click around (they wouldn't load though). I tried opening task manager and it wouldn't open, also start key on keyboard wouldn't open the menu.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Open a elevated command prompt(open cmd.exe as an administrator) and type in SFC /scannow.

Click on start > Type in cmd where it says "search for programs and files" > right click on CMD.EXE on the top of the results > click on run as administrator > in the new window that pops up type in SFC /SCANNOW > Hit enter, let it run, it may take a while.

Restart windows and see if that helps.

bowie24

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

Ok thanks, running that now will see if it helps when I'm home from work

It completed with, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Try scanning the hard drive for errors first thou.
Do a thorough test, where it tests the surface too.
Right click on your hard drive in my computer > click on properties > click on tools > click on scan for errors.

Let it do its thing and see if that helps.
If not, then you might have to do a reinstall, you could also get a registry cleaner and try that, but I doubt it would help.

Yes it would because oskernal is the main nugget that makes Windows work.

It could potentially be a bad drive like memadmax was suggesting due to the variety of errors.

Mayank kaushal

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
If your computer running but having BSOD in sometimes then try to De-assemble your pc then assemble it properly with the help of motherboard manual. I try many ways to make my pc to normal state but nothing works. But this way works for me. If it does not work, then their will be many reason of BSOD. Check your technical error in windows/minidumps open it with software blue screen view. You will find the all information about the cause of your BSOD. search your error solution on internet by bug check code for ex. 0*000000f4. I think you will find the cause.

TRENDING THREADS