Port scans and the Truemobile 2300 router.

Hi gang,

Just wondering... I have ZoneAlarm Pro installed and I get a port scan
alert (it blocks them) on port 80. It says computer is safe, but I
noticed this doesn't happen when I have the router connected.

Do you think that means the router is blocking it anyway?

> Just wondering... I have ZoneAlarm Pro installed and I get a port scan
> alert (it blocks them) on port 80. It says computer is safe, but I
> noticed this doesn't happen when I have the router connected.
> Do you think that means the router is blocking it anyway?

Yes - the router will probably be using NAT, and if it wasn`t expecting
traffic "back" relating to something your machine asked for, it will
typically just "drop" the packet without ever letting it near your
machine.