Win 98SE Format Question.

DaveP57

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
I've been meaning to post this question for quite some time and am finally getting around to it: I own an older Compaq system running Windows 98 Second Edition. My main hard drive is partitioned into two parts, with the larger section containing all the normal Windows files; My Documents, Windows, Program Files, etc, and then there is a partition named as another drive: E:System_Sav . I'm guessing it's a backup of some kind, but I have no Idea what it's for or how to use it, and I haven't found any mention of it in the System Documentation. Any Ideas what these files are supposed to be used for? What's the purpose of the partition and how do I use it? Thanks for any help on the matter!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DaveP57 on 11/06/02 05:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
get partition magic and delete this partition, it is a backup partition which is wasting space as it has not been updated recently. You can move the space from that partition to your windows partition and save space.

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
Do an internet search on System_Sav to learn about what this is. It is compaq's way of backing up your system, is not required, and is a waste of space if you never use it.

John A