TECH: Pinball 2000 monitor replacement

I'm trying to replace a Pinball 2000 WG7300 monitor with a standard arcade
monitor. I spliced the WG connector coming from the game and matched up the
RED, GREEN, BLUE, and GRND to the connector for the new monitor. I was
left with a 2nd ground wires and two sync wires from the game. I connected
the 2nd ground wires to the existing ground and matched up the syncs. I was
unable to get a picture, all I got was red, and green colors (from the
attract mode of the game) and lines running horizontally. I used every
combinations of the sync wires (even when I used the positive sync) and the
positive and negative sync switches on the monitor, but could not get a
picture.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Clark

http://marvin3m.com/pin2000/index1.htm#monitor Clay has the 15-pinout for
the monitor, will that help you ? LTG :)

"Clark Griswold" <clarkgriswoldREMOVE@EDDIEverizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to replace a Pinball 2000 WG7300 monitor with a standard arcade
> monitor. I spliced the WG connector coming from the game and matched up
the
> RED, GREEN, BLUE, and GRND to the connector for the new monitor. I was
> left with a 2nd ground wires and two sync wires from the game. I
connected
> the 2nd ground wires to the existing ground and matched up the syncs. I
was
> unable to get a picture, all I got was red, and green colors (from the
> attract mode of the game) and lines running horizontally. I used every
> combinations of the sync wires (even when I used the positive sync) and
the
> positive and negative sync switches on the monitor, but could not get a
> picture.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Clark

Thanks for the link. I used the pinout from the monitor manual that came
with the pin and I ended up doing pretty much the same thing that Clay
lists.

I'm matching up each connection and I just can't get a picture. I was not
sure if there was something that I was missing that someone might have come
across before.

Thanks
Clark

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> http://marvin3m.com/pin2000/index1.htm#monitor Clay has the 15-pinout for
> the monitor, will that help you ? LTG :)
>
> "Clark Griswold" <clarkgriswoldREMOVE@EDDIEverizon.net> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to replace a Pinball 2000 WG7300 monitor with a standard
>> arcade
>> monitor. I spliced the WG connector coming from the game and matched up
> the
>> RED, GREEN, BLUE, and GRND to the connector for the new monitor. I was
>> left with a 2nd ground wires and two sync wires from the game. I
> connected
>> the 2nd ground wires to the existing ground and matched up the syncs. I
> was
>> unable to get a picture, all I got was red, and green colors (from the
>> attract mode of the game) and lines running horizontally. I used every
>> combinations of the sync wires (even when I used the positive sync) and
> the
>> positive and negative sync switches on the monitor, but could not get a
>> picture.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Clark

Congratulations Clark, you're the 1 millionth poster on RGP!

Chris