Gold Plated Pinballs, VERY NICE, take it to the next level..

Here is yet another purist pain in the ass mod. Just discovered these
babies. Really compliments gold themed pins such as: TOM, IJ, LOTR, MM,
pretty much any pin with gold/brass wire ramps. Down side, pricey, dull
up (lose their high luster) fairly quickly but not bad enough to offset
the visual buzzzz. I'm considering throwing one in all my other "Silver
Ball" pins as a shocker sort of like a TZ Power Ball. Just a idea for
those who may not be aware and looking to be a bit off-the-wall. This
is a very rich entertaining environment isn't it?

Also, with the festive Holloween event approching, arts and crafts
stores are selling some incredible stuff that could be converted for
topper useage. Fiber optic skuls, the ubiquitous flaming cauldrons for
your MM or MB, all sorts of animated grave yard stuff, (TAF?) It pretty
much blew my mind to see whats out there.There was a pile of stuff at
Michaels which is a national chain and there are other craft store
chains. Not wildly expensive either as it is all made in china by slave
labor. IF THIS IS OF INTEREST TO THE SMALL SEGMENT OF THE PIN WORLD WHO
IS INTO ENHANCING THEIR PIN EXPERIENCE, (I KNOW IT'S NOT FOR
EVERRYBODY) THEN, HEY, CHECK IT OUT AND MAYBE SELL IT TO NEOPHITES ON
EPAY WHO DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER!!!!! No seriously, this is cool stuff.
12 answers Last reply
More about gold plated pinballs nice level

    I just put "Brass" side-rails & lock-bar on my TOM & couldnrt be
    happpier !!, I gues its just what YOU want,,, I think mine was worth it
    !

    PIinDel,

    gold looks tacky anyways.... and yes the TOM trunk chain is ug-lay :)

    Is the gold plating coming off inside the game at all ? That has been a
    problem in the past. LTG :)

    <groovygamerooms@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Here is yet another purist pain in the ass mod. Just discovered these
    > babies. Really compliments gold themed pins such as: TOM, IJ, LOTR, MM,
    > pretty much any pin with gold/brass wire ramps. Down side, pricey, dull
    > up (lose their high luster) fairly quickly but not bad enough to offset
    > the visual buzzzz. I'm considering throwing one in all my other "Silver
    > Ball" pins as a shocker sort of like a TZ Power Ball. Just a idea for
    > those who may not be aware and looking to be a bit off-the-wall. This
    > is a very rich entertaining environment isn't it?

    What sre you trying to do pimp out your pin? Definately GHETTO and
    gaudy.
    groovygamerooms@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Here is yet another purist pain in the ass mod. Just discovered these
    > babies. Really compliments gold themed pins such as: TOM, IJ, LOTR, MM,
    > pretty much any pin with gold/brass wire ramps. Down side, pricey, dull
    > up (lose their high luster) fairly quickly but not bad enough to offset
    > the visual buzzzz. I'm considering throwing one in all my other "Silver
    > Ball" pins as a shocker sort of like a TZ Power Ball. Just a idea for
    > those who may not be aware and looking to be a bit off-the-wall. This
    > is a very rich entertaining environment isn't it?
    >
    > Also, with the festive Holloween event approching, arts and crafts
    > stores are selling some incredible stuff that could be converted for
    > topper useage. Fiber optic skuls, the ubiquitous flaming cauldrons for
    > your MM or MB, all sorts of animated grave yard stuff, (TAF?) It pretty
    > much blew my mind to see whats out there.There was a pile of stuff at
    > Michaels which is a national chain and there are other craft store
    > chains. Not wildly expensive either as it is all made in china by slave
    > labor. IF THIS IS OF INTEREST TO THE SMALL SEGMENT OF THE PIN WORLD WHO
    > IS INTO ENHANCING THEIR PIN EXPERIENCE, (I KNOW IT'S NOT FOR
    > EVERRYBODY) THEN, HEY, CHECK IT OUT AND MAYBE SELL IT TO NEOPHITES ON
    > EPAY WHO DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER!!!!! No seriously, this is cool stuff.

    > Here is yet another purist pain in the ass mod. Just discovered these
    > babies. Really compliments gold themed pins such as: TOM, IJ, LOTR, MM,
    > pretty much any pin with gold/brass wire ramps. Down side, pricey, dull
    > up (lose their high luster) fairly quickly but not bad enough to offset
    > the visual buzzzz. I'm considering throwing one in all my other "Silver
    > Ball" pins as a shocker sort of like a TZ Power Ball. Just a idea for
    > those who may not be aware and looking to be a bit off-the-wall. This
    > is a very rich entertaining environment isn't it?

    That gold (brass plating) will wear off and guess where it ends up? An
    utterly useless creation IMHO.

    Yeah they add some "ghetto" bling to your pin...so, what's next a gold chain
    around a ToM trunk??? Oh wait...too late! :-)

    > Also, with the festive Holloween event approching, arts and crafts
    > stores are selling some incredible stuff that could be converted for
    > topper useage. Fiber optic skuls, the ubiquitous flaming cauldrons for
    > your MM or MB, all sorts of animated grave yard stuff, (TAF?) It pretty
    > much blew my mind to see whats out there.There was a pile of stuff at
    > Michaels which is a national chain and there are other craft store
    > chains. Not wildly expensive either as it is all made in china by slave
    > labor. IF THIS IS OF INTEREST TO THE SMALL SEGMENT OF THE PIN WORLD WHO
    > IS INTO ENHANCING THEIR PIN EXPERIENCE, (I KNOW IT'S NOT FOR
    > EVERRYBODY) THEN, HEY, CHECK IT OUT AND MAYBE SELL IT TO NEOPHITES ON
    > EPAY WHO DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER!!!!! No seriously, this is cool stuff.

    Yikes! What happened to playing pinball??? ;-)

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    Just a thought, could pinballs be made out of solid brass?? Or would
    they be too heavy/light or too soft/hard.

    Brass is too soft. They will look very worn, f-ugly, and tarnish in no
    time. Plus you'll have a nice little film of brass dust everywhere.

    Marcel

    IPB sells brass pinballs.
    They were used in a couple of games - Goldball being one of them.
    Yes they are softer and will neen to be polished more often. Don't know
    about the "brass dust" and they won't tarnish when used. A rolling
    stone....

    Lee

    someone posted here about the IPB balls (i think rondondo) he threw
    them in his polisher and the gold game right off. That's why IPB sells
    those as "novelty only" now. So if you get them and they aren't actual
    brass, don't polish them in a vibrating polisher!

    Plus when ever the brass ball hits something made of steel it can scratch or
    nick, then you'll have a round piece of sandpaper going around inside your
    machine. LTG :)

    <dragonbreed@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Brass is too soft. They will look very worn, f-ugly, and tarnish in no
    > time. Plus you'll have a nice little film of brass dust everywhere.
    >
    > Marcel

    > someone posted here about the IPB balls (i think rondondo) he threw
    > them in his polisher and the gold game right off. That's why IPB sells
    > those as "novelty only" now. So if you get them and they aren't actual
    > brass, don't polish them in a vibrating polisher!

    Been there, done that... :-)

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    Yes, this statement is true. The plating came off 100% within 20
    minutes in the polisher! IPB did send me a refund though.

    seymour-shabow@excite.com wrote:
    > someone posted here about the IPB balls (i think rondondo) he threw
    > them in his polisher and the gold game right off. That's why IPB sells
    > those as "novelty only" now. So if you get them and they aren't actual
    > brass, don't polish them in a vibrating polisher!

Games Video Games Product