Scanner Search

Hello, I'm in search of a larger format scanner and am having the toughest time finding one!

I need a flatbed scanner with a max document size of at least 14 inches long (can be legal, ledger, or A3 size.) It will mostly be used to scan documents and will be traveled with, so the slimmer the better.

I don't need anything too fancy, but hopefully something decent and affordable that wasn't made in 2005 and won't bust my budget. Looking to spend $200 or less - $300 at the most.

There are plenty 8.5 x 12 from $50 to $300, but I need it to be a little larger.

Thanks for the help. :)
3 answers Last reply
More about scanner search
  1. Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Try this site: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
  2. Thank you for that site! It certain helps to be able to search by document size.

However, I'm a little disappointed at the lack of options! There is an over abundance of 8.5x12" scanners (many below $100) and for a slightly larger size the price jumps to $400 minimum, with many over $1,000!
  3. Sundae said:
    Thank you for that site! It certain helps to be able to search by document size.

However, I'm a little disappointed at the lack of options! There is an over abundance of 8.5x12" scanners (many below $100) and for a slightly larger size the price jumps to $400 minimum, with many over $1,000!

That is due to a "supply and demand" issue based on economics. Not because the larger sizes are more valuable! They probably do cost more to produce because the tooling has to be amortized over a smaller number of units produced.
Ask a new question

Read More

Scanners Document Format Peripherals Product