Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 MARK II Digital Photo Inkjet Printer

StarrZarr151

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Can anyone tell me if this printer will run on Windows 7? The specs do not include this operating system...They mention Vista, XP, etc. I'm looking to purchase a wide format printer and for the price...this one looks good but I'd hate to get "stuck"

Solution

I have one connected to an XP system and print to it from my Win7 Pro 64 laptop all the time. I downloaded the Win7 drivers from the Canon web site. Works great for me from all the computers in my home. (XP, Vista, Win7)

pquart

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

I have one connected to an XP system and print to it from my Win7 Pro 64 laptop all the time. I downloaded the Win7 drivers from the Canon web site. Works great for me from all the computers in my home. (XP, Vista, Win7)

Solution

pquart

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

I am very happy with this printer. So far, the only thing I have found that I cannot do is print to it from a Red Hat Linux system.<G> However, since this is not a printer normally used in that environment it is NOT a problem. I tried it more as a "wonder if it will do this" than a real intent to use it that way.

I do not know of a continuous inking system for this printer. I have used them on previous Canon printers - S9000, ip8500 - and been moderately pleased with the results. I found ink was cheaper, but not as colorfast as the Canon inks, and I tried several highly recommended inks. I also had trouble with print heads clogging. So this time I opted not to look for continuous ink and bite the bullet and pay for Canon cartridges. So far, almost a thousand pages later, no print head problems.