Solved

Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 MARK II Digital Photo Inkjet Printer

Can anyone tell me if this printer will run on Windows 7? The specs do not include this operating system...They mention Vista, XP, etc. I'm looking to purchase a wide format printer and for the price...this one looks good but I'd hate to get "stuck"
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about canon pixma 9000 mark digital photo inkjet printer
  1. Best answer
    StarrZarr151 said:
    Can anyone tell me if this printer will run on Windows 7? The specs do not include this operating system...They mention Vista, XP, etc. I'm looking to purchase a wide format printer and for the price...this one looks good but I'd hate to get "stuck"

I have one connected to an XP system and print to it from my Win7 Pro 64 laptop all the time. I downloaded the Win7 drivers from the Canon web site. Works great for me from all the computers in my home. (XP, Vista, Win7)
  2. Thanks pquart...are you happy with the printer? Do you happen to know if anyone makes an Continuous Inking System for this model?
  3. Best answer selected by StarrZarr151.
  4. StarrZarr151 said:
    Thanks pquart...are you happy with the printer? Do you happen to know if anyone makes an Continuous Inking System for this model?

I am very happy with this printer. So far, the only thing I have found that I cannot do is print to it from a Red Hat Linux system.<G> However, since this is not a printer normally used in that environment it is NOT a problem. I tried it more as a "wonder if it will do this" than a real intent to use it that way.

I do not know of a continuous inking system for this printer. I have used them on previous Canon printers - S9000, ip8500 - and been moderately pleased with the results. I found ink was cheaper, but not as colorfast as the Canon inks, and I tried several highly recommended inks. I also had trouble with print heads clogging. So this time I opted not to look for continuous ink and bite the bullet and pay for Canon cartridges. So far, almost a thousand pages later, no print head problems.
  5. Grateful for the in depth response...Have a Happy New Year!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Photo Peripherals