mylar around bumpers..original ??? or who put them there?!..

Elvis

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

i am wondering...why or what or who put the "wooden colored mylar
protectors" on williams games...

you see so many games that have these on there..they are around the pop
bumpers...usually on willimas games..sometimes on gottleib.. but
mainly wiliams!

my question ..were these a factory deal..were they an after market
deal..who made these ... and do they come off ....?? or should they
be left on a game....... (as far as value)..

????

elvis!

Williams typically glued them to the playfield (good idea). I've never
tried to remove one.

Gottliebs (at least some of them) were not attached (bad idea). I've
seen numerous Gottliebs with all kinds of wear UNDER the mylar ring
because dust and dirt gets under there and then acts as an abrasive
while the loose rings slide around when the game is played.

Elvis

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

so you are saying that some of these games originally got those put on
them at the
factory????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what determined that ??? just coincidence..or someone who thought it
was a good idea..

but this was a "WILLIAMS" thing then!~~??

that is what i need too know about! i dont mind them..but i want too
know if they were originally intended too just cover and protect what
was under there too begin with

i have seen these on games..and never have know this ..

thanks for the insight..!!

[...]

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

elvis wrote:
> my mouse on my computer is sticking so my response is posting three
> times..just ignore! ELVIS

You know you can cancel your own messages? (Right click on message -->
'Cancel message' in mozilla, which is what you use if I am not mistaken).

Greetings,
Nick

I've heard they were sold through Wico years ago. Not positive though.

We have "original" style replacements- die-cut clear adhesive and
non-adhesive rings- for different types of bumpers- see our site at:
www.actionpinball.com for pictures, prices, online ordering.

Hope that helps!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"elvis" wrote:
> i am wondering...why or what or who put the "wooden colored mylar
> protectors" on williams games...
>
> you see so many games that have these on there..they are around the pop
> bumpers...usually on willimas games..sometimes on gottleib.. but
> mainly wiliams!
>
> my question ..were these a factory deal..were they an after market
> deal..who made these ... and do they come off ....?? or should they
> be left on a game....... (as far as value)..
>
> ????
>
> elvis!

Yes- these are the non-adhesive original rings for Gottlieb games. Bally
EM's up through the late 1960's also used the same style, but were adhesive.

We sell both types and have them in stock: www.actionpinball.com

Ray J.