Sign in with
Your question

PIV Northwoods... where?

Last response: in CPUs
April 4, 2005 1:30:38 PM

Can anyone reccomend a UK supplier for a PIV Northwood at a decent price? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-8SG667 mobo I have lying around to build a server, but the only PIV Northwoods I can find anywhere are over £100. I don't really want to spend that much if I can avoid doing so. Can anyone recccomend a supplier/retailer?

I've checked the supported CPU list and noted that some Celerons and Prescotts are supported, but I'd rather use a Northwood. Otherwise I guess a Celeron might have to suffice.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=27..." target="_new">My Rigs</A>

More about : piv northwoods

April 4, 2005 1:42:49 PM

last ones i saw were on ebay.co.uk

they went for about £80 each, if you need i can ask the bloke who was selling them to cut you a deal maybe?

----------------------------------------------
great minds think alike, fools seldom differ...
April 4, 2005 5:08:04 PM

Intel have stopped making the northwoods, so it is very hard to get hold of them. I didnt see a single northwood on any of the sites I usually get hardware from.
Think its gonna have to be ebay.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 4, 2005 6:03:34 PM

hey i found one on scan.co.uk only one there

i'm guessing your form uk cos you use '£'

linkie:
<A HREF="http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProdu..." target="_new">p4c 2.8ghx 533fsb</A>

going for £80 i think
great minds think alike, fools seldom differ...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tedlogun on 04/07/05 02:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 7, 2005 1:09:11 PM

they must have changed the product, pluss now the northwood is out of stock, cant find anymore

g'luck in getting one

one idea is the dell rebates place where you get second hand dell pc's

great minds think alike, fools seldom differ...
!