Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does anybody know of a wireless keyboard you can use to game?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 18, 2011 4:21:26 PM

Hey guys,
I don't have a huge desk, and I use it for school work and everything, so I like to move my keyboard when I do school stuff so I have some room. Do you know of any keyboard I can use to game on that is wireless? I know that they lag some and all of that stuff, but frankly, I'm not very good, and would prefer to have the space. I don't need tons of features, and it doesn't need back lighting, or lots of macros. I don't game late at night or in pitch black, as I don't stay up very late, and don't need the macros as I mostly play BF3/other FPS, and a couple of racing games.

I would prefer it to be under 75$ if there is something decent to what I have stated above.

Thanks for any and all response and knowledge I recieve! Thanks!

More about : wireless keyboard game

Best solution

a b F Wireless
December 19, 2011 11:14:10 AM

i've heard all the "wireless mice and keyboards lag" talk before. technically, yes there might be a very slight delay depending on the technology used but if you have a good set its barely even noticible. i used a wireless set for years and routinely trounced people with wired sets.

this goes back five years or so but i had a logitech mx1000 mouse/keyboard set which i used for about 3 years (it still works though). i since changed to a wired keyboard and mouse but i cannot say there is any better response than the set i used before. i should mention that i had the wireless and wired set hooked up to my ps/2 ports.

in general i'd stick with one from logitech as they seem to do wireless right. personally i'd have to say go with one that has a larger base receiver you put on the desk instead of any micro-receiver types (if they exist) like the ones found on some wireless mice as the range might be less.
December 19, 2011 6:58:06 PM

ssddx said:
i've heard all the "wireless mice and keyboards lag" talk before. technically, yes there might be a very slight delay depending on the technology used but if you have a good set its barely even noticible. i used a wireless set for years and routinely trounced people with wired sets.

this goes back five years or so but i had a logitech mx1000 mouse/keyboard set which i used for about 3 years (it still works though). i since changed to a wired keyboard and mouse but i cannot say there is any better response than the set i used before. i should mention that i had the wireless and wired set hooked up to my ps/2 ports.

in general i'd stick with one from logitech as they seem to do wireless right. personally i'd have to say go with one that has a larger base receiver you put on the desk instead of any micro-receiver types (if they exist) like the ones found on some wireless mice as the range might be less.

Thanks! Off of your advice I was stuck between these two.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Would you recommend something else? I'm not interested in a mouse, so that doesn't matter. I was strongly considering the solar one, but read something about the constant recharging/discharging becoming a problem, so than I started looking at the other.

Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
a b F Wireless
December 20, 2011 6:30:04 PM

my recomendation would be to buy a logitech one that is powered by AA batteries. i used to get at least 3-4 months off of just two batteries so its not a big deal.
m
l
December 20, 2011 10:06:52 PM

Thanks!
m
l
December 20, 2011 10:06:58 PM

Best answer selected by raptorxrx.
m
l
!