Does anybody know of a wireless keyboard you can use to game?

raptorxrx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hey guys,
I don't have a huge desk, and I use it for school work and everything, so I like to move my keyboard when I do school stuff so I have some room. Do you know of any keyboard I can use to game on that is wireless? I know that they lag some and all of that stuff, but frankly, I'm not very good, and would prefer to have the space. I don't need tons of features, and it doesn't need back lighting, or lots of macros. I don't game late at night or in pitch black, as I don't stay up very late, and don't need the macros as I mostly play BF3/other FPS, and a couple of racing games.

I would prefer it to be under 75$ if there is something decent to what I have stated above.

Thanks for any and all response and knowledge I recieve! Thanks!

Solution
i've heard all the "wireless mice and keyboards lag" talk before. technically, yes there might be a very slight delay depending on the technology used but if you have a good set its barely even noticible. i used a wireless set for years and routinely trounced people with wired sets.

this goes back five years or so but i had a logitech mx1000 mouse/keyboard set which i used for about 3 years (it still works though). i since changed to a wired keyboard and mouse but i cannot say there is any better response than the set i used before. i should mention that i had the wireless and wired set hooked up to my ps/2 ports.

in general i'd stick with one from logitech as they seem to do wireless right. personally i'd have to say go with one that...
i've heard all the "wireless mice and keyboards lag" talk before. technically, yes there might be a very slight delay depending on the technology used but if you have a good set its barely even noticible. i used a wireless set for years and routinely trounced people with wired sets.

this goes back five years or so but i had a logitech mx1000 mouse/keyboard set which i used for about 3 years (it still works though). i since changed to a wired keyboard and mouse but i cannot say there is any better response than the set i used before. i should mention that i had the wireless and wired set hooked up to my ps/2 ports.

in general i'd stick with one from logitech as they seem to do wireless right. personally i'd have to say go with one that has a larger base receiver you put on the desk instead of any micro-receiver types (if they exist) like the ones found on some wireless mice as the range might be less.

Solution

raptorxrx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

Thanks! Off of your advice I was stuck between these two.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126188
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126199
Would you recommend something else? I'm not interested in a mouse, so that doesn't matter. I was strongly considering the solar one, but read something about the constant recharging/discharging becoming a problem, so than I started looking at the other.

Thanks!