No mic level on new x79 system

DJBRUCEDAVID

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I have just purchased a high end gaming pc it's the Sandy bridge e 3960 x on a Asus extreme Rampage IV x79 board with on board realtek 7.1 hd sound. Because its a gaming machine I only ever use a headset so I can communicate on ventrilo with my clan. I use a rocat Kave 5.1 sorrows sound headset but I can not get the mic to work at all on the new board. I've been into config and properties but I gat no output from the mic but the surround sounds fine. Please can u suggest a fix? I do have an old sound blaster card I could install but I should imagine the on board sound would be better? Thank u

You are at the Site Feedback forum. Your particular question is best addressed in the Computer Peripherals Forum, located by clicking HERE.

However, since you are here now, a reply will not be denied. We here at Tom's Hardware put being helpful far above holding a person to be at the best forum for their specific question or problem.

For a basic tutorial on setting up a microphone in an XP equipped computer, click
HERE.

If the instructions found by clicking the above link does not solve your problem or answer your questions to a satisfactory level, then perhaps asking again in a forum more specific to your computer and it's operating system will be more fruitful.