2. Size would be 11-15" x <11" x 1-1.7" @ 5-7 lbs. (I just found this in the internet with the label of "Thin & Light". Which makes it portable.)
3. I really need help with the resolutions. But as what I've read in the internet, a good 1280×1024 (SXGA – standard) would do I think.
4. Yes I need a portable laptop.
5. A good 3-4 hours of battery life would be enough since I would be working most of the time in the flat/house.
6. I wouldn't play much games on this. If I would, it just be Ragnarok Online(a 2d MMORPG game). It only needs a good video card for it not to 'lag'.
7. The main purpose of my future laptop would be a fast loading and fast editing with Photoshop CS4 or CS5.
8. 320-500GB HDD.
9. I'm planning to buy them personally. And if there's a site in the Philippines that you could recommend, please do enlist them.
10. I wanna keep this laptop of mine forever. Up until Photoshop can make a new version that would really make me upgrade or buy a new one.
11. I would also need a DVD Rom that could load movies fast.
12. I've heard about Sony Vaio's popularity. I just don't know if its durability matches its popularity. I would prefer your recommendations since you guys are best in these ares.
13. I live in The Philippines.
14. I'm not really good with the specifications about laptops or notebooks. And I'm willing to take any suggestions/recommendations from you guys. About the money, I'm still going to earn it. When I decided to take on your suggestions, that's the time I will buy it. I hope you can really help me with this one and I hope that the information I have enlisted would suffice your thoughts.
@cloudy, I was told that the speed of the computer depends on its RAM. The Sony VAIO which is almost the same price as Lenovo has 4GB.
@Maziar, I just don't understand why some people would prefer i3 over i5. Since i5 would be better. I was literally looking at their #s. Since 5 is greater than 3. Also, how to determine that a Videocard is good enough? Like the #s like 5530 or whatever. Also the RAM, could you be so literal that when you see a 6GB Ram with i3 processor would be better than a 4GB Ram with i5 processor?
Thank you so much for all of your concerns. I'm learning a little bit already.
If all other specs are the same,then yes the i5 will cost more.
And VGA depends on your usage,since you aren't going to play demanding games, then an integrated card like Intel X4500MHD or others from AMD/Nvidia suffices.
Alright. I'll just look on that one. Wouldn't my VGA affect the performance of Photoshop as well? Or not at all? I'm looking at NewEgg now and searching for a cheap i5 with a 4GB Ram. I need to order one before it hits October.
Well, I'm not into gaming anymore though. The one I'm going to choose must not disappoint me whenever I use Adobe Dreamweaver/Photoshop/Illustrator CS5. And their requirements are just 1GB disk free space and 1GB Memory Ram which my choices are overqualifying it.