Ripples on a Samsung LED 18,5"

micaso

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hello. Awhile ago i bought this Samsung LED 18,5" screen and, me being a gamer, noticed some ripples on my screen while playing intensive games. The ripples were very small, hardly noticeable and would go horizontally on the screen. (They're inclined more to lines that simply distort the image wherever they touch) I downloaded Prime95 to stress test my PC and noticed the ripples again. Little tiny waves that would distort everything on the screen. After i had shut down Prime95, they went away. Same happens when i play games. After i shut them down, the ripples dissapear. I'm not really sure what the cause is, but i want to know if it's related to the screen or my PC.

I'm currently running a Radeon HD 5770 GPU with a OCZ Fatal1ty 700W PSU and a Phenom II X6 1055T Processor. Two sticks of 4 GB RAM and sufficient cooling for my processor, if it has anything to do with it.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, is there a solution? Any help is appreciated. :??:

::EDIT:: I found the box the screen came in. It's actually 18,5" and is a Series 50 Samsung LED Screen.

micaso

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

I believe the model is a SyncMaster 18.5 Widescreen LED BX1950. I'm gonna take a looksie at the warranty to see if it's possible. Hopefully it is. Fingers crossed.