I turned on my Windows 7 comp yesterday and my wired (into the ADSL wireless router) local area connection is stating its unidentified.
This is what I've tried:
1. Hard Reset the Router and Modem
2. Tried installing new protocols through the adaptor settings.
3. Tried updating the realtek drivers
4. Tried uninstalling the LAN and reinstalling
5. Tried stopping and starting Bonjour.
6. I added a USB wireless dongle and this ALSO says it is an unidentified network.
It means you have not assigned the type of network, Ie home, office ect.
click on start pearl,control panel,under network and internet click on view network status and tasks. Click on setup a new connection or network.