Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001

I have a microsoft MN-520 wireless notebook adapter and
the latest updated driver which is the one that was
released on march of 2004 is not compatible with the
network at my University. The University of South Florida.
In order for me to be able to use the network in school i
have to keep rolling back my driver to the one released in
2002 and then when i get back home i have to update the
driver back to the one in march in order for me to be able
to use the wireless network at home. Can anyone help? Is
there another solution to this problem. The wireless card
does find the network in my school and everything it just
never connects to the internet. I am 100% sure that it is
a driver issue. Is there anyway to get this through to
Microsoft driver developers?

joker

Since you mentioned rolling back the drivers I'll assume you mean you
are running Windows XP. If that is the case which service pack are you
running? (none, SP1, or SP2.)

Alexis wrote:

> I have a microsoft MN-520 wireless notebook adapter and
> the latest updated driver which is the one that was
> released on march of 2004 is not compatible with the
> network at my University. The University of South Florida.
> In order for me to be able to use the network in school i
> have to keep rolling back my driver to the one released in
> 2002 and then when i get back home i have to update the
> driver back to the one in march in order for me to be able
> to use the wireless network at home. Can anyone help? Is
> there another solution to this problem. The wireless card
> does find the network in my school and everything it just
> never connects to the internet. I am 100% sure that it is
> a driver issue. Is there anyway to get this through to
> Microsoft driver developers?

lurker

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001

It's just a 802.11b card. Just because it has the word
Microsoft on it doesn't make it work any different then
any other wireless card. Have you tried the card in
other places (unsecured network, coffeshop, etc. )? If it
really was a driver problem then the card wouldn't work
anywhere. When you're "rolling back" you're also rolling
back all the wireless security and networking settings.
You probable just need to configure the security/wireless
settings correctly with the new drivers.