Closed Solved

What is total system power in speakers

I want to know if this makes the speaker sound better? :o And if not what specifications do make th speakers sound very nice?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what total system power speakers
  1. A good set of speakers such as the Bose Companion II is rated for about 20 watts. Better speakers are rated even higher. Lesser quality speakers are rated for as little as 5 watts.

I have 2 sets of Bose Companion II on 2 desktop computers, and one set of Bose computer speakers on the third desktop. Very satisfied with the sound output. All three running on on-board sound (I disconnected the Creative X-Fi card).
  2. except that bose is known to charge 2-3x more than what the speakers are worth because of their name. sure they work, but not worth the price.

read this: http://willapse.hubpages.com/hub/Speaker-Watt

as for a recommendation... it depends on how much you want to spend. for most home users a 2.1 or 5.1 logitech set is more than good enough. you can pick up a 2.1 for as cheap as $30-40 and a 5.1 between $100-200. i've owned several and i can say that bose is NOT any better. yes i've owned a bose before as well.

if you want to spend more and get a better product still then there are more options out there.
  3. Best answer
    System power is a very poor way to judge quality. Just like a fast car does not mean it's a good quality car. There are no written specs that will tell you if a speaker is good, especially since most of the cheap ones way overstate the specs anyway. Read some reviews.

You don't pick out a great meal because one uses 10 oz of beef vs. one that uses 8 oz how can you tell how it was made from that?
  4. hang-the-9 said:
    System power is a very poor way to judge quality. Just like a fast car does not mean it's a good quality car. There are no written specs that will tell you if a speaker is good, especially since most of the cheap ones way overstate the specs anyway. Read some reviews.

You don't pick out a great meal because one uses 10 oz of beef vs. one that uses 8 oz how can you tell how it was made from that?

thank you all but you most of all hang-the-9
  5. Best answer selected by chrisg8p.
  6. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Power Peripherals