Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to take apart viewsonic vp2030b

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 20, 2011 6:06:12 PM

How do I remove the stand from the monitor frame in a viewsonic vp2030b monitor. I have successfully removed the
frame that goes around the monitor, but I cannot separate the power supply, etc. from the stand and frame.
Gary

More about : viewsonic vp2030b

Best solution

a b C Monitor
December 21, 2011 6:53:35 AM

It appears from pictures that you could possibly either slide the mount circular part downwards and/or the oval piece surrounding where the mount meets the monitor looks like it could possibly be pried up. Once the mount is removed it may reveal more screws to remove other components.

Not positive though, only guessing from pictures of back of unit.
December 21, 2011 5:35:53 PM

skaz said:
It appears from pictures that you could possibly either slide the mount circular part downwards and/or the oval piece surrounding where the mount meets the monitor looks like it could possibly be pried up. Once the mount is removed it may reveal more screws to remove other components.

Not positive though, only guessing from pictures of back of unit.

There is an oval part that fits around the pedestal/stand, and I was able to unsnap it from the rear cover which
revealed 4 screws. I then removed the screws and the pedestal/stand came off. Then I was able to remove the
rear cover which revealed the electronics. Thanks skaz for your input as it motivated me to see if I could remove
the parts mentioned above as the oval part didn't look like it would come off. It did with a loud snap which freaked
me out as I thought I broke it.
Score
Related resources
December 28, 2011 3:55:36 AM

Best answer selected by Reckster.
Score
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2011 4:01:05 AM

Thanks mate. Good luck with your tinkering! =)
Score
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2011 12:23:49 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!