App to detect Infrared that works on OS5

January 5, 2005 11:40:26 PM

Does anyone know of a simple InfraRed detection utility that will run
on Palm OS5? I really like IRMonitor, but I just can't get it to run
on My Tungsten E.

I don't need to COMMUNICATE with anything via IR, I just want to know
if it's present.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.
Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA
freeze@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 2:27:57 PM

On my T3, IR monitor works fine, I use version 0.7.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 2:52:31 PM

thomas.mey@tomjuggles.de (Thomas Mey) wrote:
>On my T3, IR monitor works fine, I use version 0.7.

Where did you get this? Freewarepalm isn't hosting it any more, and
jps.net does't have any DNS...

Thanks!
January 6, 2005 10:53:27 PM

I google ir monitor palm download and find
http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/irmonitor.sht....

Hey, now that I try to use this programme again, for some reason it
crashes my Palm! And I can't get it to work again. There is a version
0.8, that also crashes my Palm.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 10:53:28 PM

thomas.mey@tomjuggles.de (Thomas Mey) wrote:
>http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/irmonitor.sht....

Did you try the download link at that page? I get
http://216.97.122.211/download/irm_v07.zip which returns:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /download/irm_v07.zip on this
server.

Found it elsewhere, though, after a bit more searching:
http://pamupamu.at.infoseek.co.jp/soft/irmenu/irm.htm
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 1:42:14 AM

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:27:57 +0100, thomas.mey@tomjuggles.de (Thomas
Mey) wrote:

>On my T3, IR monitor works fine, I use version 0.7.

OK, let me clarify that a little.

I have tried it on a new Tungsten E and Also a new Zire 31 (I
exchanged the Zire for the Tungsten). On the Zire, it just crashed. On
the Tungsten, It came up with an error message, but the program didn't
fail back to the launcher. It didn't detect or record any IR though.

Hmm.. Doesn't your T3 have the universal connector? Maybe that would
require it to support SERIAL communications. My T|E has a mini USB
connector, so maybe the serial comm manager isn't supported.

I find it hard to believe that IR monitor is the only program that
will detect IR... I mean, look how many versions of Palm solitare
exist.

!