AOC i2353FH/i2353PH LCD IPS 23"

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I've bought a BenQ G2420HD 24" a few days ago but it arrived with some nasty ghosting issues, so I RMA'd it back. It's probably a defect that doesn't related to all the products but I've decided to go with an IPS panel from AOC ( i2353FH EU or i2353PH US/Asia ) since it has generally good reviews all over, but I was wondering if anyone owns one and could share some info regarding the input lag and how it fares while playing FPS games. TFT Central's extensive review ( link to the review: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_i2353ph.htm ) states that input lag for this monitor is somewhere around 17.5ms, however I'm not sure if this is too much for FPS games or will it be alright.

sk1939

Distinguished

An IPS panel will be slower than a TN panel in general. As far as the LG vs AOC, LG tends to make decent products (although Samsung is better), but I don't know much about AOC to be honest. As far as input lag goes, the Dell Ultrasharp 2312M has practically no input lag if that is a concern for you, but at 17.5ms I don't know if it is noticeable or not, it's something you would really have to test and see imo.