Sign in with
Your question

Samsung S27A950D vs Dell U2711

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 21, 2011 8:33:04 PM

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a new monitor and I am going to have to pick between these 2 (Samsung S27A950D vs Dell U2711). I do play games on my computer at times but I would not say it is a #1 priority. I watch Movies and just browse the internet more often than I actually run games.

- I do plan on hooking up my Xbox 360 to this new monitor, but I have read that there is only little gain from the 120HZ of the 27A950D, is that correct?

- What I want to know about the Dell is, how hindering the input lag really is during games. I also hope to see it in action soon but it is quite hard to get around to seeing Dell hardware in action around here.

- I like the 3D that the 950D offers but it is not a selling point at all, and I would not be surprised if it causes me a major headache. I can't stand the Nintendo 3DS for this reason either.

- I am currently leaning more towards the Dell U2711. Even though the Samsung probably has the nicest design I've seen on a monitor so far. Can anyone say anything about the Colors of either monitor? I saw that the 950D offers something on "Photo Realism" but I'd really like to know which one offers the best experience while watching a movie.

That is basically it. I think as far as gaming goes my priority will go towards playing from the Xbox 360, rather than from my computer itself. I think the 2560 x 1440 that is offered on the U2711 (Not on the 950D?) will be a major selling point for me.
My only concern left with the U2711 is really the input lag and possible ghosting.

And also, if anyone is aware of any near-future 27" screens, that are possibly worth waiting for, then please do tell. Any other suggestions are also more than welcome.
December 22, 2011 12:22:49 PM

The LG DM92 that was announced today looks very good aswell. I might wait a while to see how good that one is going to be.
!