Flight 2000 PF overlay

I'd like to make a pf overlay for my flight 2000 but since mine is worn
to the wood (60% of the pf is bare wood) i'd like to ask anyone that
has such a game and is rebuilding it or if someone has an okay bare pf
to take a nice 5mp pic of it and mail it to me please.

Thanks

I have my F2K project machine in the garage that has moderate barewood
around some of the inserts. Not a great playfield, not a horribly bad
playfield. I'm considering if I'm going to part it out or try and get
it running.

if you part it i could use some stuff.

john

www.kansascitypinball.com

My back glass is flaked bad, it would need a lot of touch up and
sealing. I might give it a go later this winter when things get slow.
I don't know how the boards are. When I picked it up the guy switched
it on, it bonged a few times, a ball kicked out, and the displays
showed garbage.
What should I do with it? I wouldn't mind a playable machine, but
likewise would like a good looking machine as well. I suppose I could
rework the art a little to my own theme or something. I don't know if
it would ever be able to become "restored", but perhaps just playable.

don't part it. I can make a translite for the backglass for you if you
want one (don't know about price i have to calculate it) and this sys
is one of the easiest to diagnose/fix. Mine is still in the repainting
process (but if someone had a decent pic i'd make a overlay) and i
already have all boards running just fine. the bongs pretty much tell
you what is wrong.

Why don't you just buy the one Greg is selling at www.mopinball.com ?
it's a great machine and I think price very resonably. Make him on offer on
it. He's in Central MO, but I can take it to the southern Ill show next
weekend.

Dan

"EdHunTer<eddietheremovethised@walla.com>" <eddietheed@walla.com> wrote in
message news:1126809476.864860.41660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I'd like to make a pf overlay for my flight 2000 but since mine is worn
> to the wood (60% of the pf is bare wood) i'd like to ask anyone that
> has such a game and is rebuilding it or if someone has an okay bare pf
> to take a nice 5mp pic of it and mail it to me please.
>
> Thanks

Paul

Splendid

Haha, since people are putting in their dibs, I need the backglass, mine is
flaked bad.

Paul

"kansas city pinball.com" <rgp@johncglennon.com> wrote in message
> if you part it i could use some stuff.
>
> john
>
> www.kansascitypinball.com

the garbage on the displays might be from corrupted ram when the
batteries go dead - go into audits and clear them all out (settings and
audits) and it should go away

There's just one main problem with that theory...
I live in Hungary si i'm a tad far away :D

Mine works, but needs a slight tweak on the ball walker - the groove
has a hole in it, sometimes the ball doesn't walk down I have to fill
it with epoxy or something. Ha! So your statement is true! I have
one that ALMOST works.

Mine plays really fast too. Sound Board is easy to find (the SB300)
the SPEECH board is the impossible to find one. (VS100? I think)

The multiball is a blast [off] to get - I like F2K so much I bought a
Gamatron kit (narrow version of it) to put next to it. Hope the
targets never break on that though, looks like no other drop I've seen
before (although I haven't looked really closely at it yet)

Amen.. don't kill a F2K! It's a super fun machine - and not too bad to
restore even if it's in bad shape. Because of the generally solid
colors on the PF, it's pretty easy to touch up.

I've got a number of spare F2K parts that I'll be selling/ebaying soon,
including multiples of most plastics, pop bumper caps, etc. NOTE: not
all are perfect - especially 'the big ones'.

Now.. if I CAN JUST GET AHOLD OF A NICE BACKGLASS!!!!

Hmmpf.

-Mark.

In article <1126820644.180114.259610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
eddietheed@walla.com says...
> don't part it. I can make a translite for the backglass for you if you
> want one (don't know about price i have to calculate it) and this sys
> is one of the easiest to diagnose/fix. Mine is still in the repainting
> process (but if someone had a decent pic i'd make a overlay) and i
> already have all boards running just fine. the bongs pretty much tell
> you what is wrong.

Of all the Stern solid state games out there, everybody loves Flight2k.
Unfortunately, I have yet to see one working. Every collector I have visited
has one, but not currently working or you see a broken one at a pinball flea
market or auction.

I hear they are a lot of fun and one of the first Stern pins with speech.
Hopefully somebody can bring a working one to the York Show in October.

http://www.theyorkshow.com

Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

"Mark Teskey" <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote in message
> Amen.. don't kill a F2K! It's a super fun machine - and not too bad to
> restore even if it's in bad shape. Because of the generally solid
> colors on the PF, it's pretty easy to touch up.
>
> I've got a number of spare F2K parts that I'll be selling/ebaying soon,
> including multiples of most plastics, pop bumper caps, etc. NOTE: not
> all are perfect - especially 'the big ones'.
>
> Now.. if I CAN JUST GET AHOLD OF A NICE BACKGLASS!!!!
>
> Hmmpf.
>
> -Mark.
>
> In article <1126820644.180114.259610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> eddietheed@walla.com says...
>> don't part it. I can make a translite for the backglass for you if you
>> want one (don't know about price i have to calculate it) and this sys
>> is one of the easiest to diagnose/fix. Mine is still in the repainting
>> process (but if someone had a decent pic i'd make a overlay) and i
>> already have all boards running just fine. the bongs pretty much tell
>> you what is wrong.

I bought mine for $75 at a garage sale, very beat and quite dead. They
are pretty easy to fix - you can find M-200 boards on eBay fairly
regularly, the rest of the electronics are interchangable with all the
Bally -35 machines. I even found all the plastics, spinners, etc. on
eBay, but that took longer.

The only 'gotchas' are the backglass and the sound board - both are
unobtainable in good condition.

Net result? A month of hard work and I've got an F2k that looks and
runs -great-. I even repainted the cabinet and touched up the
playfield.

Also, lots of reviews said it's not fast. I don't know if I have
overstrength coils - but my machine is REALLY REALLY fast - faster than
my BK2K! It's almost too fast - I'm not surprised that most plastics
broke in that machine.

Getting multiball on that machine is a true accomplishment. Another
really GREAT shot is up the right spinner, sweeping the three-bank down
- mine will spin dozens of times on a solid hit. I've racked up close
to 100k in a single spin when it starts getting maxed out.

I bought this machine to fix up and sell - I'm not sure if I can let it
go, now.. :)

-Mark.

In article <MpGdncU8QJdIdbfeRVn-rg@comcast.com>, josh.kaplan1
@comcast.net says...
> Of all the Stern solid state games out there, everybody loves Flight2k.
> Unfortunately, I have yet to see one working. Every collector I have visited
> has one, but not currently working or you see a broken one at a pinball flea
> market or auction.
>
> I hear they are a lot of fun and one of the first Stern pins with speech.
> Hopefully somebody can bring a working one to the York Show in October.
>
> http://www.theyorkshow.com
>
> Josh
> http://www.pingeek.com
>
> "Mark Teskey" <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote in message
> > Amen.. don't kill a F2K! It's a super fun machine - and not too bad to
> > restore even if it's in bad shape. Because of the generally solid
> > colors on the PF, it's pretty easy to touch up.
> >
> > I've got a number of spare F2K parts that I'll be selling/ebaying soon,
> > including multiples of most plastics, pop bumper caps, etc. NOTE: not
> > all are perfect - especially 'the big ones'.
> >
> > Now.. if I CAN JUST GET AHOLD OF A NICE BACKGLASS!!!!
> >
> > Hmmpf.
> >
> > -Mark.
> >
> > In article <1126820644.180114.259610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > eddietheed@walla.com says...
> >> don't part it. I can make a translite for the backglass for you if you
> >> want one (don't know about price i have to calculate it) and this sys
> >> is one of the easiest to diagnose/fix. Mine is still in the repainting
> >> process (but if someone had a decent pic i'd make a overlay) and i
> >> already have all boards running just fine. the bongs pretty much tell
> >> you what is wrong.

mine has a working speech board and i have to say it has more
understandable speech than gorgar or bk.basically mine had the mpu dead
for a good reason and luckily nothing else was wrong (only a bumper
which has a broken base and 2 missing drops) technically now cosmetics
is another thing. anyway anyone can take a decent pic for me ?