My new Dell

Last response: in Computer Brands
July 12, 2004 2:20:08 AM

Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
person I spoke with.

More about : dell

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 11:32:22 AM

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:08 -0400, "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com>
wrote:

>Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
>printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
>person I spoke with.

Send it back.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
July 12, 2004 1:05:43 PM

You have a twenty day period to send it back.
If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a very
detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
directly to Michael Dell.

"Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
> person I spoke with.

July 12, 2004 1:29:16 PM

If you're speaking of the online doc on the machine, I believe during
initial setup you were asked what language you preferred.

Tom
"Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
> person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 3:44:35 PM

Control panel/.regional and language settings should fix it.

> If you're speaking of the online doc on the machine, I believe during
> initial setup you were asked what language you preferred.
>
> Tom
> "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.)
is
> > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not
understand the
> > person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 5:27:50 PM

Tony wrote:

> I would define a <TROLL> as an idiot who thinks its clever to attack anyone
> who dares to criticize Dell.

And that's why we look to you for guidance.

Notan
July 12, 2004 9:23:54 PM

Yes indeed.

Just send $100 to the Church of Tony's Online Dell Bashing, and spiritual
guidance can be yours, 24/7 with the click of a Dell mouse.

> Tony wrote:
> >
> > I would define a <TROLL> as an idiot who thinks its clever to attack
anyone
> > who dares to criticize Dell.
>
> And that's why we look to you for guidance.
>
> Notan
July 12, 2004 11:08:39 PM

Why should the buyer eat the cost of sending it back?

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You have a twenty day period to send it back.
> If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a
very
> detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
> directly to Michael Dell.
>

> "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand
the
> > person I spoke with.

July 12, 2004 11:11:11 PM

Dell apparently has decided it is easier to teach its customers a foreign
language than it is to teach their tech support English!
ching, wing, ding, choy fung Dell!!

"Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
> person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:05:53 AM

Because the buyer appears to have selected the wrong region and language
during initial setup.
Now of course there is also the other option of making a quick setting
change and all will be well.

"chico" <chico@blowitoutyourbutt.com> wrote in message
> Why should the buyer eat the cost of sending it back?
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You have a twenty day period to send it back.
> > If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a
> very
> > detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
> > directly to Michael Dell.
> >

> > "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> > > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand
> the
> > > person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:07:43 AM

OK, we have a Mexican that thinks an American company's support center in
India speaks some sort of Asian language.
Now you tell me who the incompetent ones are!

> Dell apparently has decided it is easier to teach its customers a foreign
> language than it is to teach their tech support English!
> ching, wing, ding, choy fung Dell!!
>

> "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand
the
> > person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:45:37 AM

In my opinion, they should not have to, but that is Dell's policy.

"chico" <chico@blowitoutyourbutt.com> wrote in message
> Why should the buyer eat the cost of sending it back?
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You have a twenty day period to send it back.
> > If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a
> very
> > detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
> > directly to Michael Dell.
> >

> > "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> > > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand
> the
> > > person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:50:11 AM

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
> Because the buyer appears to have selected the wrong region and language
> during initial setup.

I'm not convinced that assumption is valid.

Based on the fact that the original poster said:

" printed in a foreign language"

Printed to me, means printed as in, on paper, rather than "displayed" as
in, what would appear on a computer display.

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
> Because the buyer appears to have selected the wrong region and language
> during initial setup.
> Now of course there is also the other option of making a quick setting
> change and all will be well.
>

> "chico" <chico@blowitoutyourbutt.com> wrote in message
> > Why should the buyer eat the cost of sending it back?
> >
> > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > You have a twenty day period to send it back.
> > > If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a
> > very
> > > detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
> > > directly to Michael Dell.
> > >

> > > "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
is
> > the

July 13, 2004 3:01:35 AM

DellBot Alert!!!
> OK, we have a Mexican that thinks an American company's support center in
> India speaks some sort of Asian language.
> Now you tell me who the incompetent ones are!
>

> "chico" <chico@blowitoutyourbutt.com> wrote in message
> > Dell apparently has decided it is easier to teach its customers a
foreign
> > language than it is to teach their tech support English!
> > ching, wing, ding, choy fung Dell!!
> >

> > "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> > > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand
> the
> > > person I spoke with.

July 13, 2004 3:03:43 AM

Who you calling a Mexican you stinking gringo?! I'm Honduran. I suppose we
all look alike to you huh? But I can speak the language unlike Dellindians.

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
> OK, we have a Mexican that thinks an American company's support center in
> India speaks some sort of Asian language.
> Now you tell me who the incompetent ones are!
>

> "chico" <chico@blowitoutyourbutt.com> wrote in message
> > Dell apparently has decided it is easier to teach its customers a
foreign
> > language than it is to teach their tech support English!
> > ching, wing, ding, choy fung Dell!!
> >

> > "Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> > > printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand
> the
> > > person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 7:12:25 AM

PC Medic wrote:

> OK, we have a Mexican that thinks an American company's support center in
> India speaks some sort of Asian language.
>
> <snip>

I normally don't like feeding into these types of conversations,
but that was pretty good! <g>

Notan
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 8:14:38 AM

Irene wrote:

> "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
> > Because the buyer appears to have selected the wrong region and language
> > during initial setup.
>
> I'm not convinced that assumption is valid.
>
> Based on the fact that the original poster said:
>
> " printed in a foreign language"
>
> Printed to me, means printed as in, on paper, rather than "displayed" as
> in, what would appear on a computer display.

Well, OP, which is it?

Notan
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 12:33:13 AM

> PC Medic wrote:
> >
> > OK, we have a Mexican that thinks an American company's support center
in
> > India speaks some sort of Asian language.
> >
> > <snip>
>
> I normally don't like feeding into these types of conversations,
> but that was pretty good! <g>

I generally avoid them (whiners) myself, but if you are going to flame, I
wish they would at least be honest about their experience.
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 5:29:35 AM

This is my first foray into this group and I have to comment on this
thread. I bought a new Dell system (xp) in April and upgraded
several items at that time. No one mentioned to me that 256 mg of ram
isn't enough to get any kind of satisfactory output from this machine,
that I should have been told I needed 512 mg......

The programs Dell has put on this machine are a pain. For example,
I will never buy McAfee. They drive me crazy taking over the machine
much too often when I first log on "updating," without my input on
whether it's a good time or not. At the same time, they've missed
some emails containing a virus that Norton found through Earthlink
and removed. AOL is there. I haven't used it and even tried to
cancel but was told to wait until a few days before my "free trial
period" was up. Microsoft's Outlook Express is there. I've had
Forte' Agent for years and consider it the sweetest little software
program for email and newsgroups available, bar none. Even though I
have designated Agent as my default mail/newsgroup....the system
doesn't always accept that, telling me periodically that my default
mail system isn't set up properly.....No question Dell and Microsoft
are in bed together..... I'm just about ready to tell Microsoft's
Internet Explorer sayonara and go back to Netscape (although, didn't I
hear that Microsoft bought them out too?) There are some programs on
the machine I haven't even looked at yet.

Be forewarned that when you buy Dell, in addition to Windows you
become a captive audience to most of Microsoft's other programs, which
they will all unceasingly bug you to buy when their trial period is
up. I'm somewhat amazed by this as I thought this was the problem
raised in the government's lawsuit against Microsoft. This is my
fourth computer, my first factory Dell, although I did have a Dell
clone that was built for me, and I never had any complaints with my
previous three.

In addition to Dell having a support center in India, I have to deal
with Earthlink (not for much longer, I think) which also has their
support centers in other countries. I have to wonder if Earthlink
purposefully keeps cutting off my connection to the net whether I'm on
the web or in my email program in an effort to upgrade my account from
standard dial-up or they just don't have anyone locally (i.e., in the
U.S.) working on local problems. I think when I try to connect and am
told "unable to connect with the remote computer," they aren't kidding
about the "remote" part. Boy do I miss the good old days.

Incidentally, Irene, you've written some good responses, but I've
gotta ask: you don't seriously think Michael Dell personally reads
emails from his customers, do you?

The consumer complaint group * www.planetfeedback.com is what I
consider the best way to go. Complaints can be sent there and they
will post the problem and also forward a copy to the company in
question. Actually, it's a good place to go when researching items
you wish to purchase.

*this url will take you to Intelliseek....there, on the right hand
side you will see where to click if you are a consumer.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:05:43 -0700, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>You have a twenty day period to send it back.
>If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a very
>detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
>directly to Michael Dell.
>

>"Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
>> printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
>> person I spoke with.

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 5:29:36 AM

If you want to know how much RAM to buy, do some research.

You could have chosen Norton AntiVirus.

You could have requested that no ISP software be installed.

Outlook Express is part of the Windows operating system.

In other words, you are a troll with nothing of value to contribute to this
group.

Rocky

"Virginia Taylor" <ginhal@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> [...]
> will post the problem and also forward a copy to the company in
> question. Actually, it's a good place to go when researching items
> you wish to purchase.
>
> *this url will take you to Intelliseek....there, on the right hand
> side you will see where to click if you are a consumer.
>

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:05:43 -0700, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >You have a twenty day period to send it back.
> >If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a
very
> >detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
> >directly to Michael Dell.
> >

> >"Don Linder" <DonlinMc@aol.com> wrote in message
> >> Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
> >> printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 5:29:37 AM

more squirrel droppings by a stupid squirrel. you're the biggest troll in
this ng. can't you go find a tire to run under?

"Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > gotta ask: you don't seriously think Michael Dell personally reads
> > emails from his customers, do you?
> >
> > The consumer complaint group * www.planetfeedback.com is what I
> > consider the best way to go. Complaints can be sent there and they
> > will post the problem and also forward a copy to the company in
> > question. Actually, it's a good place to go when researching items
> > you wish to purchase.
> >
> > *this url will take you to Intelliseek....there, on the right hand
> > side you will see where to click if you are a consumer.
> >

> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:05:43 -0700, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >You have a twenty day period to send it back.
> > >If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a
> very
> > >detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 6:32:46 AM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:44:46 -0400, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
<rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

>If you want to know how much RAM to buy, do some research.
I do believe the folks (such as myself) that do business with a
company like Dell, do for the reason that they sell complete units and
we don't pretend to be computer hardware and software experts.

>You could have chosen Norton AntiVirus.
Oh really? I didn't even know the machine would come with antivirus
loaded...had I known that, I would have requested Norton, although
who's to say they give one their pick?

>You could have requested that no ISP software be installed.
This is the first complete unit I've bought....all other times I've
had PC clones built for me with items I requested be installed. Dell
doesn't tell you about the garbage.

>Outlook Express is part of the Windows operating system.
Than this is new. I've had Windows 95 and Windows 98 prior to this
latest machine....never had Outlook Express been included.

>In other words, you are a troll with nothing of value to contribute to this
>group.
I don't think you know what you're talking about Rocky. Now who's the
troll? Why don't you get a life?

>Rocky

and which company do you work for, Rocky? Dell? Microsoft?
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 6:32:47 AM

Lol...your post speaks for itself.

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:44:46 -0400, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
> <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
>
> >If you want to know how much RAM to buy, do some research.
> I do believe the folks (such as myself) that do business with a
> company like Dell, do for the reason that they sell complete units and
> we don't pretend to be computer hardware and software experts.
>
> >You could have chosen Norton AntiVirus.
> Oh really? I didn't even know the machine would come with antivirus
> loaded...had I known that, I would have requested Norton, although
> who's to say they give one their pick?
> >
> >You could have requested that no ISP software be installed.
> This is the first complete unit I've bought....all other times I've
> had PC clones built for me with items I requested be installed. Dell
> doesn't tell you about the garbage.
> >
> >Outlook Express is part of the Windows operating system.
> Than this is new. I've had Windows 95 and Windows 98 prior to this
> latest machine....never had Outlook Express been included.
> >
> >In other words, you are a troll with nothing of value to contribute to
this
> >group.
> I don't think you know what you're talking about Rocky. Now who's the
> troll? Why don't you get a life?
> >
> >Rocky
> >
> and which company do you work for, Rocky? Dell? Microsoft?
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 6:32:48 AM

Sadly, as does yours.

> Lol...your post speaks for itself.
>
> Rocky
>
> "Virginia Taylor" <ginhal@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:44:46 -0400, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
> > <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
> >
> > >If you want to know how much RAM to buy, do some research.
> > I do believe the folks (such as myself) that do business with a
> > company like Dell, do for the reason that they sell complete units and
> > we don't pretend to be computer hardware and software experts.
> >
> > >You could have chosen Norton AntiVirus.
> > Oh really? I didn't even know the machine would come with antivirus
> > loaded...had I known that, I would have requested Norton, although
> > who's to say they give one their pick?
> > >
> > >You could have requested that no ISP software be installed.
> > This is the first complete unit I've bought....all other times I've
> > had PC clones built for me with items I requested be installed. Dell
> > doesn't tell you about the garbage.
> > >
> > >Outlook Express is part of the Windows operating system.
> > Than this is new. I've had Windows 95 and Windows 98 prior to this
> > latest machine....never had Outlook Express been included.
> > >
> > >In other words, you are a troll with nothing of value to contribute to
> this
> > >group.
> > I don't think you know what you're talking about Rocky. Now who's the
> > troll? Why don't you get a life?
> > >
> > >Rocky
> > >
> > and which company do you work for, Rocky? Dell? Microsoft?

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 1:36:47 PM

"Virginia Taylor" <ginhal@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
I do believe the folks (such as myself) that do business with a
> company like Dell, do for the reason that they sell complete units and
> we don't pretend to be computer hardware and software experts.

Windows XP will run OK with 256 megs but 512 is better. Dell's computer is
complete but you need to have some minimum knowledge of what your computer
will be used for and theeven hardware and software requirements. You don't
need to be an expert. Freedom to customize requires knowledge to make
choices. There is no one size to fit all. Home use computers can run from
about $500.00 to $3,000.00 Obviously, there's a great deal of difference in
what you can get.

I object to Dells maketing $350 computers with 128 mgs of ram shared with
video. There was an ad in today's Wall St. Jrl. This may be good marketing
but is misleading. As in everything else, knowledge is power and the
ignorant get burned.

> >You could have chosen Norton AntiVirus.
> Oh really? I didn't even know the machine would come with antivirus
> loaded...had I known that, I would have requested Norton, although
> who's to say they give one their pick?

Just go to Dell's web site. The choices are clearly described. You could
have asked a computer knowledgable friend for help or even posted your
question in this group before your bought.

> This is the first complete unit I've bought....all other times I've
> had PC clones built for me with items I requested be installed. Dell
> doesn't tell you about the garbage.

This is the advantge of going to a local store and receiving advise and
personal service. You pay a little more, but in your case, it would have
been beneficial. Dell's web site DOES tell you everything being installed,
but you have to read and understand what they are saying. You don't seem
interested in learning even the basics of computers. Just a suggestion, you
might look into a Mac for your next computer.

> >Outlook Express is part of the Windows operating system.
> Than this is new. I've had Windows 95 and Windows 98 prior to this
> latest machine....never had Outlook Express been included.

You can use other email and news reader programs but you would also need to
learn how to install them.

> >In other words, you are a troll with nothing of value to contribute to
this
> >group.
> I don't think you know what you're talking about Rocky. Now who's the
> troll?

I think Rocky was a little hard on you. You're not a Troll (a newsgroup
trouble starter).
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 9:03:22 PM

Virginia Taylor <ginhal@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> I'm just about ready to tell Microsoft's
> Internet Explorer sayonara and go back to Netscape (although, didn't I
> hear that Microsoft bought them out too?) There are some programs on
> the machine I haven't even looked at yet.

Netscape was bought by AOL.

What you want to try is Mozilla, the open source browser. You might
hit a rare "IE only" web site, but OTOH most malware targets IE, not
Mozilla. If you have a slow connection, Mozilla's tabbed browsing is
wonderful.
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 11:04:49 PM

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 02:32:46 GMT, Virginia Taylor
<ginhal@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:44:46 -0400, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
><rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
>
>>If you want to know how much RAM to buy, do some research.
>I do believe the folks (such as myself) that do business with a
>company like Dell, do for the reason that they sell complete units and
>we don't pretend to be computer hardware and software experts.
>
>>You could have chosen Norton AntiVirus.
>Oh really? I didn't even know the machine would come with antivirus
>loaded...had I known that, I would have requested Norton, although
>who's to say they give one their pick?

Apparently you did not go through Dell's "customize" process with your
computer order. This would have allowed you to choose between McAfee
vs Norton, and AOL vs Earthlink, and you'd have seen all the 3rd party
software that would have (or could have) been included.

However, when I ordered a Dimension 2400 (bottom of the line, special
sale deal) machine for my missus, I found that "customizing" it would
have lost the low price. So I had to take it as is. And delete all
the puckey myself (including the myriad and redundant icons that
littered the desktop--geez I hate a messy desktop).

There have been threads in this group in the past on how to remove
unneeded software. Asking for help here is likely to be more useful
than grumbling about Dell, Microsoft, et al.

--John W. Wells
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:15:01 AM

On 15 Jul 2004 17:03:22 GMT, kgold@watson.ibm.com (kgold) wrote:

>Netscape was bought by AOL.
>
>What you want to try is Mozilla, the open source browser. You might
>hit a rare "IE only" web site, but OTOH most malware targets IE, not
>Mozilla. If you have a slow connection, Mozilla's tabbed browsing is
>wonderful.

Thanks. I'll check them out...
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:15:05 AM

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:36:47 -0700, "Lenny Bruce" <spamme@devnul.com>
wrote:

>Windows XP will run OK with 256 megs but 512 is better. Dell's computer is
>complete but you need to have some minimum knowledge of what your computer
>will be used for and theeven hardware and software requirements. You don't
>need to be an expert. Freedom to customize requires knowledge to make
>choices. There is no one size to fit all. Home use computers can run from
>about $500.00 to $3,000.00 Obviously, there's a great deal of difference in
>what you can get.
Unfortunately, I'd had such good luck previously, it never occurred to
me this one wouldn't be of the same quality. I paid over one thousand
for it, not including some of the extras I picked up at Fry's, and was
told that would get me a good machine.

>Just go to Dell's web site. The choices are clearly described. You could
>have asked a computer knowledgable friend for help or even posted your
>question in this group before your bought.

How about a knowledgable son that's in the business? Can you believe
I didn't even run it past him? As for posting in this group, I didn't
even think of it until yesterday, letting my frustrations get the best
of me and keeping me offline. Incidentally, I'm not saying all my
problems are Dell related...Earthlink seems to be having some problems
that add to mine.

Also, I couldn't check out Dell's website as I couldn't get into my
previous machine, which indicated memory module problems.

> You don't seem interested in learning even the basics of computers.
Then I've misled you. I'm a big advocate of stand-alone auxiliary
programs such as Agent, Netcom, Netscape,etc., having set up a number
of them and using without any problems. My problems didn't start
until I bought this Dell.

>Just a suggestion, you might look into a Mac for your next computer.
Now you sound just like my son.

>You can use other email and news reader programs but you would also need to
>learn how to install them.
This is what my present frustration is all about. I do know how to
install and use them, they just don't function on my present
equipment. I'm going to add another 256 mg of ram, and see if that
helps. But I have to insist that I truly believe some of if not most
of my problems are due to the fact that this Dell machine was set up
to use the programs that came with it (example: when opening AOL, it
announces Dell and AOL......) and doesn't make it easy to use one's
own choices.

I really appreciate your taking the time to respond to my tale of
woe....v
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:15:06 AM

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:15:05 GMT, Virginia Taylor <ginhal@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I'm going to add another 256 mg of ram, and see if that
>helps.
You'll probably find the prices better at crucial.com then at Dell.

By the way the reason you originally caught flack from some morons
who post on the group is that you had the audacity to say something
negative about Dell. However, there are more than enough helpful,
knowledgable people here to make up for the few jackasses.

Shayne
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:15:07 AM

<shayne@cyburban.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:15:05 GMT, Virginia Taylor <ginhal@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm going to add another 256 mg of ram, and see if that
>>helps.
> You'll probably find the prices better at crucial.com then at Dell.
>
> By the way the reason you originally caught flack from some morons
> who post on the group is that you had the audacity to say something
> negative about Dell. However, there are more than enough helpful,
> knowledgable people here to make up for the few jackasses.
>
> Shayne

About 10 days ago, picking up an extra 256mb of RAM for a 4600 (2 x 128) was
about $30 cheaper at crucial than adding it on the small business website,
fwiw....

Stew
!