DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D nForce4

KayWhy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005
Hi there,

I am planning to get a DFI Lanparty UT nF4 mobo. I have two questions to ask you guys :p.

1) I am not sure which dimms to use to install the memory sticks (Kingston ValueRAM PC3200 DDR400 2 x 512MB). I downloaded the mobo manual from the DFI website, but I am still not sure which dimms to use :( ..

Here's the manual picture that I uploaded. <A HREF="http://img186.echo.cx/img186/4299/newbitmapimage5dm.jpg" target="_new">http://img186.echo.cx/img186/4299/newbitmapimage5dm.jpg</A>

So by looking at the chart, it said use slot 1 and 3. But at the bottom of the page, it said slot 2 and 4 ...

2) I am also planning to get ati x800xl video card. I heard that the card's bottom DVI screwhole getting in the way of the case and not sitting properly in the pci-e slot, is that true ?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kaywhy on 04/13/05 08:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

DIMM Sockets 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 - It doesn't matter really. But I'd use 1 & 3 first before 2 & 4

and I've never heard of the graphic card problem.

KayWhy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005
Thx for answering my post and correcting my link :p

So .. if I install the Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2/1G Ram on the DFI mobo, do I have to change the voltage, trc, etc stuff like that ? I am scare of changing the bios stuff hehe.

You shouldn't have to change anything - the settings are stored on the RAM stick. If for some reason they are not correct when you put them in, then set it manually in the BIOS.

Don't be scared of the BIOS, they don't bite.....much :lol:

KayWhy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005
haha !

At first I was planning to get MSI Neo Platinum nf4, and i saw the website and it said "Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability. " .. so that's why i have decided to get DFI lol

Only thing I can think of is that you might need to up the Ram Voltage to 2.7. JEDEC standard is 2.6.

If that is that case, somewhere in your BIOS you will find a setting called "VDIMM" / DDR Volt which will need bumping from 2.6 to 2.7

G

On this mobo its called DRAM voltage :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>

G

Be sure to flash the BIOS also, I had to do that to get it to accept my OCZ gold vx pc4000 RAM. Wasted hours trying to figure that out :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>

G

It's ridiculousy easy to do, you can flash it from windows or make a bottable floppy that will do it for you. On their site they have a program you run that copies itslef to a floppy, and that's all you need. It does the rest. I always thought that it would be more difficult to do than that :smile:

G

With DFI's BIOS set up, you slap in a floppy and click on the button and you're done.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Old Hand </b>!! </font color=green>

G

Well it worked off of a disk, that's all I cared about :smile: I was so angry at that point and then all of a sudden, success!! It was great, new system booted up fine after that.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Old Hand </b>!! </font color=green>

ed_jacobson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
kaywhy, I have this board, and you should use slots 2 and 4. If you have any problems, remove the one stick from slot 4 and just try slot 2.

Make sure you get the right power supply and memory for this board. Visit the forums at dfi-street.com for more information.

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D | AMD A64 s939 3000+ | OCZ EL 2x512 DDR PC3200 | XFX 6200TC 64MB | Samsung 120GB 7200 SATA | NEC 3520A |Fortron Blue Storm 500W | Antec Super Lanboy | Samsung 172X 17" LCD