LCD Monitor Turning off and on

kevzz010

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hi guys, umm my LCD monitor is having a problem, its like turning on and off every second and it annoys me. I had this problem several months ago. I've managed to fix it w/ just adjusting some settings about power and stuff but completely forgot the things i did and now im having the problem again. Put some power settings like Turn off display to never and uh thats what i really remember... Can someone help me? I don't know if it is in the power supply but i had this problem before so if its in the power supply, it should've been dead long ago.

PS: I removed the cable between the VGA and the monitor and I put in on my laptop and still having the problem. Now what could be the cause? I hate to admit it but it seems like its on the LCD. Err don't wanna buy a New LCD!

kevzz010

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Is there any way to fix this? :(

Whenever I hold down the MENU button in my LCD, it doesn't turn on and off. I wonder whats the real problem of my LCD. Could it be in the buttons? IDK. Any help?

skaz

Distinguished
Sounds like it could be a bad CCFL light or bad capacitors on the inverter board. If your willing, you can open it up and look for any blown capacitors.

If you find any bad capacitors you can order some new ones and replace them. You will need the ratings labeled on the side of the bad capacitor to order the correct kind, and make sure you get the right size as well. You will also need a soldering iron to de-solder the old/bad ones and solder on the new ones.