  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 12, 2004 11:57:01 PM

Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to access the Zone web page for AOE2:The
Conquerors. When I access the page, I get a pop-up with the following error
message:

Do you want to install and run
"http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab32846.ca..."?

The publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below:

The object to be verified is unknown to the Trust Provider.

Yes / No / More Info

When I click yes, it attempts to install the software, fails, and finishes
with the message:

Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
Click here for more help.

The zone web page I am accessing is:

http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires

Any help much appreciated.

More about : error installing zintro cab32846 cab

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 3:16:19 AM

Michael C. Davis wrote:

> Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to access the Zone web page for AOE2:The
> Conquerors. When I access the page, I get a pop-up with the following error
> message:

> Do you want to install and run
> "http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab32846.ca..."?

Open Internet Properties, General tab, Settings button, View Objects
button. If HeartbeatCtrl, ZoneAxRcMgr Class, or ZoneIntro Class is
listed as Damaged, right-click, click Update to repair the ActiveX
component. ZoneIntro Class is the file you are having trouble with..
Right-click, click Remove, then reenter the Zone for a fresh copy. You
may have to click the link that lets you view the certificate, then
click "Install" before it will install correctly. Then you'll see the
same "Continue" prompt; continue to have it installed.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

I try this link in past help. but when i visit this i get mess called "page
not found"

Also I do look object & i can't find heart in their & noting else is damaged.

With some other KB artical i did add msn & zone on trusted site also but
still not no help.

Any more help?

Wait for response.

Thanks

"Michael C. Davis" wrote:

> Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to access the Zone web page for AOE2:The
> Conquerors. When I access the page, I get a pop-up with the following error
> message:

> Do you want to install and run
> "http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab32846.ca..."?
>
> The publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below:
>
> The object to be verified is unknown to the Trust Provider.
>
> Yes / No / More Info
>
> When I click yes, it attempts to install the software, fails, and finishes
> with the message:

> Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> Click here for more help.
>
> The zone web page I am accessing is:
>
> http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires
>
> Any help much appreciated.

December 13, 2004 12:09:05 PM

Same Problem here
Is is that hard to fix this problem Microsoft?

"Michael C. Davis" wrote:

> Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to access the Zone web page for AOE2:The
> Conquerors. When I access the page, I get a pop-up with the following error
> message:

> Do you want to install and run
> "http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab32846.ca..."?
>
> The publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below:
>
> The object to be verified is unknown to the Trust Provider.
>
> Yes / No / More Info
>
> When I click yes, it attempts to install the software, fails, and finishes
> with the message:

> Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> Click here for more help.
>
> The zone web page I am accessing is:
>
> http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 12:51:14 PM

Be nice to Microsoft; they are providing the Zone at no cost to us end users.

"Playboy_Patrick__" wrote:

> Same Problem here
> Is is that hard to fix this problem Microsoft?
>
> "Michael C. Davis" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to access the Zone web page for AOE2:The
> > Conquerors. When I access the page, I get a pop-up with the following error
> > message:

> > Do you want to install and run
> > "http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab32846.ca..."?
> >
> > The publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below:
> >
> > The object to be verified is unknown to the Trust Provider.
> >
> > Yes / No / More Info
> >
> > When I click yes, it attempts to install the software, fails, and finishes
> > with the message:

> > Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> > Click here for more help.
> >
> > The zone web page I am accessing is:
> >
> > http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires
> >
> > Any help much appreciated.

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 1:05:02 PM

"Elmo" wrote:
> Michael C. Davis wrote:
> Open Internet Properties, General tab, Settings button, View Objects
> button. If HeartbeatCtrl, ZoneAxRcMgr Class, or ZoneIntro Class is
> listed as Damaged, right-click, click Update to repair the ActiveX
> component. ZoneIntro Class is the file you are having trouble with..
> Right-click, click Remove, then reenter the Zone for a fresh copy. You
> may have to click the link that lets you view the certificate, then
> click "Install" before it will install correctly. Then you'll see the
> same "Continue" prompt; continue to have it installed.

My current situation is the same as with my post from yesterday. Here is
some more detail about my situation.

I don't currently have a ZIntro installed, so there is no issue with it
being damaged. This is the thing it won't let me install.

Just prior to my original 12/12 posting, I deleted zone software and did a
fresh install. When I logged onto the zone after deleting zone software, it
did reinstall basic zone software (zfriends and all that). HeartbeatCtl
Class now shows in my list of objects. ZIntro was not reinstalled.

When I uninstalled zone software I did the following:
- ran ControlPanel | Add/Remove Software | Remove MSN Gaming Zone
- manually deleted ZIntro Class (through Internet Options | Settings | View
Objects)
- cleared the browser cache
- deleted all temp files in C:\Windows\Temp
- verified that all zone-specific ActiveX objects were deleted from
C:\Windows\downlo~1
- deleted all CONFLICT.* directories from C:\Windows\downlo~1
- I later deleted cookies, but I didn't delete before reinstalling zone
software.

No ActiveX objects are listed as damaged.

ZoneAxRcMgr Class is not present in the objects list. It is not listed.

Antivirus is disabled. Firewall is disabled. Router is configured with
this computer as DMZ.

I am able to log onto passport (both through the zone and other places, such
as the MSN home page and this forum web page).

After the fresh install of basic zone files, I was able to access
zonefriends and receive a zone message.

The following sites are listed as trusted in my browser security settings
(Tools | Internet Options | Security | Trusted | Sites):

http://www.microsoft.com
http://sas.zone.msn.com
http://www.zone.msn.com
http://www.msn.com
http://*.microsoft.com
http://*.sas.zone.msn.com
http://*.zone.msn.com
http://*.msn.com

Again, any help much appreciated.
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 1:43:02 PM

Well an hour ago it wasn't working, now it is. ZoneIntro Class is installed
and I'm in Deathmatch 1.

I didn't change anything, so I'm guessing something got adjusted on the Zone
end. Is it working for anyone else now?

"Elmo" wrote:

> Michael C. Davis wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to access the Zone web page for AOE2:The
> > Conquerors. When I access the page, I get a pop-up with the following error
> > message:

> > Do you want to install and run
> > "http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab32846.ca..."?
>
> Open Internet Properties, General tab, Settings button, View Objects
> button. If HeartbeatCtrl, ZoneAxRcMgr Class, or ZoneIntro Class is
> listed as Damaged, right-click, click Update to repair the ActiveX
> component. ZoneIntro Class is the file you are having trouble with..
> Right-click, click Remove, then reenter the Zone for a fresh copy. You
> may have to click the link that lets you view the certificate, then
> click "Install" before it will install correctly. Then you'll see the
> same "Continue" prompt; continue to have it installed.
>
> --
>
> +Elmo_Tech
> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 1:50:54 PM

SIMIWALIA wrote:

> I try this link in past help. but when i visit this i get mess called "page
> not found"
>
> Also I do look object & i can't find heart in their & noting else is damaged.
>
> With some other KB artical i did add msn & zone on trusted site also but
> still not no help.
>
> Any more help?
>
> Wait for response.

Remove ZoneIntro Class, and try again? You might also turn off any
antivirus and firewall such as NIS, till ZoneIntro is installed
correctly.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 1:50:55 PM

I am having the same exact issue. I have followed every step I can find
anywhere on this issue to no avail... I have even tried changing things such
as how cab files are handled as I was thinking maybe winrar was getting in
the way... doesn't work in firefox either... what am I missing?
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 3:05:48 PM

ick wrote:

> I am having the same exact issue. I have followed every step I can find
> anywhere on this issue to no avail... I have even tried changing things such
> as how cab files are handled as I was thinking maybe winrar was getting in
> the way... doesn't work in firefox either... what am I missing?

I believe that if you use the Update option, it will bypass the
certificate announcement and allow the component to be updated.

To locate the ZoneIntro Class component, open Internet Properties,
General tab, Settings button, View Objects button. Right-click it,
click Update.

Disable any antivirus and firewall software till the install is
implemented.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:56:19 PM

> click "Install" before it will install correctly. Then you'll see the
> same "Continue" prompt; continue to have it installed.

But it still doesn´t work out.
I keep getting the message, that this activeX applet can not be installed
:-(
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:56:20 PM

Martin Wernig wrote:

> > click "Install" before it will install correctly. Then you'll see the
> > same "Continue" prompt; continue to have it installed.
>
> But it still doesn´t work out.
> I keep getting the message, that this activeX applet can not be installed
> :-(

You may have to change your security settings to allow unsigned
components.. See this site for more suggestions:

Optimize IE settings
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#I...

Enter Rooms
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 10:12:58 PM

Go to your motherboard bio setting, if you have something like
"CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking"
Make sure it is enabled.

!