Sign in with
Your question

Notebook Searching

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 7, 2010 3:02:45 AM

1_What is your budget? $800-$1000 But If i can get a core i7 beast for under 800 then please post it!

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Around 15 inches.

3_What screen resolution do you want? 720P minimum, I prefer 1600x900

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? This is to replace my Asus G72GX (I stopped gaming)

5_How much battery life do you need? ALOT! I want a long battery life, atleast 5-6 hours!

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Minimum game playing, except for PORTAL!!!! I want to run portal MAXED!!! (I love portal!)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watching movies, and hardcore multitasking!

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? I really want a big HDD (500+ GB) and I can put in my Vertex SSD

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? Around 2 years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc DVD will be fine, I have a ps3 for blu ray

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Asus - Have only had success with them!
HP - Love them too, they are good hardware IMHO

13_What country do you live in? USA!

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm just looking for something to satisfy all of my needs but I don't know if thats possible.

More about : notebook searching

a c 244 D Laptop
September 7, 2010 7:14:37 AM

There aren't any 15" laptops(except for MBP 15") with 5-6hrs of battery life and a VGA to run portal maxed out, if you want that much battery life,then consider smaller laptops such as AW M11x.
September 7, 2010 3:23:12 PM

I was looking into an Asus computer that has a core i5 and runs up to 10 hours on battery. It has a 310m with optimus (sp?) I'm unfamiliar with the 300 series. Are they good enough for running portal smoothly?
a c 244 D Laptop
September 7, 2010 5:50:31 PM

310M is a low-end card but i think it can handle portal fine on medium-low settings and on a low-resolution.
!