sturm

Splendid
Was thinking about getting this Zalman heatsink <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-119&depa=0" target="_new">Clicky</A>.
I have an AMD 64 3200+ running stock heatsink on an MSI Neo2 Platinum motherboard.
I would have liked to use the 7700 heatsink but the Zalman website says its incompatible. Probably due to capacitor height maybe. Anyone know?
Anyone have good luck with these heatsinks or any others?
Mainly looking to drop temps and noise level.
I did a search but only found 1 hit from 2003 and that one was a different heatsink.
I am also looking at getting a new heatsink for my vid card but will post it in the graphics forum.
Thanks

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have one on my A64-3200 Clawhammer. Works great and is quiet too. Make sure you install your memory first because it is a tight fit with some MB's and cases. No problemo!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

G

You have to buy a separate fan for it then eh? Would you prefer this or the xp120 for a winchester 3200?

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Old Hand </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>

I'd like to see a comparison btw the two...

G

Actually, I'm not really sure if ANY of those will fit. A review posted on newegg said that the xp-120 would not work on my mobo, and if what you say is true, then perhaps the xp-90 is my only hope {frown]

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Old Hand </b>!! </font color=green>

G

Lol nice :smile: *gets out the hammer*

TRENDING THREADS