A+ Cert and stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno_49

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Please click on the link below and see the scribble. The scribble is were the tool bars are located that I would love to remove. I'm running windows 7 Ultimate. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Not to brag but, I have been working with computers since 1980. Also, I'm A+ certified. I have checked both add on and add and remove programs. There is nothing I can remove to solve the toolbar problem thus far. I don't wan't to screw with the registry. That usually turns out bad. I have no clew. Please help me.

Bruce

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cikk7wm5njgbn2r/Tool%20bars.png

Depending upon the source of the toolbar, typically the installation is either in your control panel under the add/remove software, or installed as an extension in chrome (tools > extensions). You can remove or disabled the extensions, the installed software in control panel only has remove options.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Toolbars come in two varieties, the ones that are part of the application you are using and add-ons, which only apply to EI or FF.

To remove an application based toolbar left click on the toolbar area and select all the tools you wish to be displayed.

Add-ons are actually additional programs that run along with EI or FF in high memory. They eat resources and can drastically show down your surfing experience.

First of all, how did you get so many add-ons?

Are you surfing on an account with admin privs? If so, stop that crap. Create a user account and use that as your daily account. Only use an admin account for installing or removing software and performing computer maintenance.

Whenever you upgrade adobe, iTunes or Mozilla programs you will be prompted, as part of the install process, to install a toolbar. You do not have to do it.

To remove add-ons; choose start button/ control panel/programs and features. You will see all the programs installed on your computer. Right click on the toolbars and choose uninstall. if you are not on an Admin login, you will be prompted to enter your admin credentials.

ryno_49

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Not to brag but, I have been working with computers since 1980. Also, I'm A+ certified. I have checked both add on and add and remove programs. There is nothing I can remove to solve the toolbar problem thus far. I don't wan't to screw with the registry. That usually turns out bad. I have no clew. Please help me.

Thanks

Bruce

ryno_49

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Please click on the link below and see the scribble. The scribble is were the tool bars are located that I would love to remove. I'm running windows 7 Ultimate. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Bruce

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cikk7wm5njgbn2r/Tool%20bars.png

zdbc13

Distinguished
settings, extensions, disable social search toolbar.

Update and run a full anti-virus scan. If you don't have one get MSE or AVG and do it quick.

Download Malwarebytes (free) update and do a full scan.

Not to brag but there's a lot of experience on this forum and being polite goes a long way.........

Not to brag but, I have been working with computers since 1980. Also, I'm A+ certified.

As are over 800,000 other people, many of us on the forums.

Also, working with computers since back then really doesn't mean that much - they're very different beasties now, just like how a car technician from the early 80's would have a hell of a time working on any new car.

If you think you're that much better than we are, why have you turned to us for help, mmm?

Try what's been suggested for you - antivirus, ect... You could also try uninstalling and then re-installing the browser.

He's a known pirate (less than a month ago asking why his cracked copy of W7 Ultimate was no longer genuine: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/61240-63-winows-ultimate-genuine-removewat) and his posting history shows questions that a real holder of an A+ cert would be able to handle with ease. Not worth my time.

Oh dear, a quadruple post? Jeebus...

And yeah, this guy is full of baloney. How would he think that working on a Commodore 64 would help him with deleting his toolbars? Computers back then didn't even have internet access, not of the sort as it's defined today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS