BIN Dissappeared???

Unless there is a reserve, once an item is bid on the Buy It Now always
goes away. It has always worked like that on ebay to my knowledge.
Lloyd

cpiel wrote:
> I listed CC insert decals with a BIN of $70 and a starting bid of $10.
> As soon as the first bid was placed, the BIN option disappeared!! Has
> anyone ever seen this happen before??? Thanks.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Cactus-Canyon-Insert-Decals-Last-Complete-Set_W0QQitemZ6209316403QQcategoryZ13727QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Standard Operating Procedure.

cpiel wrote:
> Mark, What is SOP?

Standard operating procedure = SOP, Eprey does this with BIN.

Chris Kruger

cpiel wrote:
> Mark, What is SOP?

Thanks for clearing this up guys - I've dealt with ebay for years and
never knew this particular dynamic.

I think he's telling you that it's Standard Operating Procedure to remove
the BIN after a bid.

"cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Mark, What is SOP?

After a bid, or after reserve is met if there is a reserve. LTG :)

"Lost8Ball" <lost8ball@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think he's telling you that it's Standard Operating Procedure to remove
> the BIN after a bid.
>
> "cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Mark, What is SOP?

Hi Cliff, ...

Did you also know that you have your feedback showing as "private", which is
not usually done unless a person has something to hide. Even if you have a
negative feedback, ... you probably should just show the feedbacks and be
done with it. Long run you'll be better off I would think.

just a suggestion,.
Allen

>I listed CC insert decals with a BIN of $70 and a starting bid of $10.
> As soon as the first bid was placed, the BIN option disappeared!! Has
> anyone ever seen this happen before??? Thanks.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Cactus-Canyon-Insert-Decals-Last-Complete-Set_W0QQitemZ6209316403QQcategoryZ13727QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Frog

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002

Standard operating procedure

"cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Mark, What is SOP?

Some people put a BIN price with a reserve price so the first bid
doesn't wipe out the BIN option. The higher the reserve the more
likely the BIN will last a while.

zTim

Don't make your feedback private. Most Ebayers will avoid your
auctions and you won't get full value for your items. Private feedback
= thief in my mind and others.

http://www.gameroomblog.com
http://www.pinballblog.com

Some people put a BIN price with a reserve price so the first bid
doesn't wipe out the BIN option. The higher the reserve the more
likely the BIN will last a while.

I like this feature, but normally only on difficult to find parts. I
have stumbled onto items I have needed "right now", and would have had
no problem paying a higher price just to secure the item, and stop
wasting my time searching for an alternative source. Time is money and
a deadline to get a game out has more weight than making a few extra
bucks profit.

I have used BIN in only a few auctions myself because the items are, or
should be available elsewhere.

Mario
Pinthetic