Solved

Laptop vs notebook vs netbook

Hello,
What's the difference in the 3
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop notebook netbook
  1. "Laptop" and "notebook" are used interchangeably. "Laptop" is the older term.

A netbook is a small, low powered, low spec, inexpensive, very portable machine designed primarily for light web browsing, email, and light office apps.

I have one, primarily for vacation travel. They are very handy, but they are not a substitute for a "real" computer.
  2. Hi there,

That is correct. "Laptop" and "notebook" are used interchangeably, while netbooks are generally much smaller and less powerful portable computers. Are you searching for a new computer? I can help suggest computers in either category.

Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  3. IsabellaWinTeam said:
    Hi there,

That is correct. "Laptop" and "notebook" are used interchangeably, while netbooks are generally much smaller and less powerful portable computers. Are you searching for a new computer? I can help suggest computers in either category.

Cheers,
    Isabella

Thanks I am a college student and I need a notebook
  4. Best answer
    thuggster said:
    Thanks I am a college student and I need a notebook

Hi there,

You should check out the Dell Studio 15. It has a fast processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It's a great all around laptop, especially for college students because it is perfect for productivity and entertainment. It has a 15.6" screen and at 5.5 lbs it is still very portable. It is also very affordable at $649.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Isabella
  5. Sounds great, I need that asap thanks alot
  6. thuggster said:
    Sounds great, I need that asap thanks alot

No problem! Glad to help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Isabella
  7. Ok thank yo
  8. Best answer selected by thuggster.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Notebooks Netbooks