Sign in with
Your question

BlackWidow left shift key not as smooth as other keys?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 26, 2011 7:19:41 PM

Jsut got a Razer BlackWidow and the keys are great. The left shift key, however, does not seem as smooth as the right shift key or other keys around it. The heavy sound is also not as evident on the left shift key. Is it supposed to be like this? The left shift key doesn't "bounce" back like the other keys do. Sometimes the feedback is so faint I'm accidentally holding the shift key down unintentionally. Is this normal or is there a problem here?
December 27, 2011 4:26:53 AM

Sounds like the stabilizer bar under the key needs to be lubed. Also it is mechanical, so there is a break in time. I would use it for a bit more and see if you break in the key.
m
l
December 27, 2011 7:30:04 AM

skaz said:
Sounds like the stabilizer bar under the key needs to be lubed. Also it is mechanical, so there is a break in time. I would use it for a bit more and see if you break in the key.

After some googling it does sound like something is wrong with the stabilizer. Is it supposed to working right of out of the box or does it usually take some time for the stabilizer to set in? I'm getting my monitor exchanged for defectfrom the same shop I got my BlackWidow in on Wednesday. Should I wait it out or is it best I get it exchanged? Thanks for the reply!
m
l
December 27, 2011 11:07:39 AM

If there's no charge for exchanging it you could go that route to play it safe. Up to you.
m
l
!