Can't play enter Bridge room using MSN 9

Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
information. Can anyone help?
4 answers Last reply
More about play enter bridge room
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    tsunami_skipper wrote:

    > Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
    > message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
    > Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
    > Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
    > frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
    > information. Can anyone help?

    An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
    firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
    browser, but not IE?

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    All my MSN settings are the same as IE 6. To make this even more strange, I
    can get into a Bridge room through MSN Messenger and the game opens in the
    MSN browser! But if I try to enter the room directly from the browser, I get
    the Error message. I was told by the MSN Help folk that the problem started
    happening about the time they had a new release of the browser. Is there a
    Community that supports the MSN 9 browser?

    "Elmo" wrote:

    > tsunami_skipper wrote:
    > >
    > > Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
    > > message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
    > > Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
    > > Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
    > > frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
    > > information. Can anyone help?
    >
    > An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
    > firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
    > browser, but not IE?
    >
    > --
    >
    > +Elmo_Tech
    > MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    When I first signed on with MSN, the game works fine from MSN Explorer
    without adjusting anything. After I reinstalled my operating system
    and MSN, I get the same "connection could not be established" error
    and I have tried adjusting every settings from MSN explore and IE6.
    The game now only works in IE6 and not MSN Explorer anymore.

    Maybe someone can verify this that the fresh sign on with MSN works.

    I am running Windows 2000 without any firewall and virus software.

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:47:11 -0800, tsunami_skipper
    <tsunami_skipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >All my MSN settings are the same as IE 6. To make this even more strange, I
    >can get into a Bridge room through MSN Messenger and the game opens in the
    >MSN browser! But if I try to enter the room directly from the browser, I get
    >the Error message. I was told by the MSN Help folk that the problem started
    >happening about the time they had a new release of the browser. Is there a
    >Community that supports the MSN 9 browser?
    >
    >"Elmo" wrote:
    >
    >> tsunami_skipper wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
    >> > message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
    >> > Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
    >> > Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
    >> > frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
    >> > information. Can anyone help?
    >>
    >> An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
    >> firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
    >> browser, but not IE?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> +Elmo_Tech
    >> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    OK, here is what I have found out.
    Downloaded MSN7 from download.com, installed, and everything works
    fine.
    Upgraded to MSN9, game not working in MSN Explorer.
    So MSN9 definitely has a problem that prevents reinstallation from
    working properly.

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:51:36 GMT, urh <urh@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When I first signed on with MSN, the game works fine from MSN Explorer
    >without adjusting anything. After I reinstalled my operating system
    >and MSN, I get the same "connection could not be established" error
    >and I have tried adjusting every settings from MSN explore and IE6.
    >The game now only works in IE6 and not MSN Explorer anymore.
    >
    >Maybe someone can verify this that the fresh sign on with MSN works.
    >
    >I am running Windows 2000 without any firewall and virus software.
    >
    >On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:47:11 -0800, tsunami_skipper
    ><tsunami_skipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>All my MSN settings are the same as IE 6. To make this even more strange, I
    >>can get into a Bridge room through MSN Messenger and the game opens in the
    >>MSN browser! But if I try to enter the room directly from the browser, I get
    >>the Error message. I was told by the MSN Help folk that the problem started
    >>happening about the time they had a new release of the browser. Is there a
    >>Community that supports the MSN 9 browser?

    >>> An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
    >>> firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
    >>> browser, but not IE?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> +Elmo_Tech
    >>> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support