Can't play enter Bridge room using MSN 9

Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2004 5:21:02 PM

Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
information. Can anyone help?
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 11:53:22 PM

tsunami_skipper wrote:

> Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
> message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
> Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
> Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
> frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
> information. Can anyone help?

An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
browser, but not IE?

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

All my MSN settings are the same as IE 6. To make this even more strange, I
can get into a Bridge room through MSN Messenger and the game opens in the
MSN browser! But if I try to enter the room directly from the browser, I get
the Error message. I was told by the MSN Help folk that the problem started
happening about the time they had a new release of the browser. Is there a
Community that supports the MSN 9 browser?

"Elmo" wrote:

> tsunami_skipper wrote:
> >
> > Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
> > message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
> > Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
> > Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
> > frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
> > information. Can anyone help?
>
> An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
> firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
> browser, but not IE?
>
> --
>
> +Elmo_Tech
> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 9:51:36 PM

When I first signed on with MSN, the game works fine from MSN Explorer
without adjusting anything. After I reinstalled my operating system
and MSN, I get the same "connection could not be established" error
and I have tried adjusting every settings from MSN explore and IE6.
The game now only works in IE6 and not MSN Explorer anymore.

Maybe someone can verify this that the fresh sign on with MSN works.

I am running Windows 2000 without any firewall and virus software.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:47:11 -0800, tsunami_skipper
<tsunami_skipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>All my MSN settings are the same as IE 6. To make this even more strange, I
>can get into a Bridge room through MSN Messenger and the game opens in the
>MSN browser! But if I try to enter the room directly from the browser, I get
>the Error message. I was told by the MSN Help folk that the problem started
>happening about the time they had a new release of the browser. Is there a
>Community that supports the MSN 9 browser?
>
>"Elmo" wrote:
>
>> tsunami_skipper wrote:
>> >
>> > Whenever I try to enter a Bridge room using my MSN 9 browser, I get an Error
>> > message "A connection to the game server could not be established.
>> > Unspecified error." However, if I switch to IE 6, I can enter every time! MSN
>> > Premium is not a cheap service and I like the features, but this is very
>> > frustrating. A call to the MSN Premium Help Desk resulted in no useful
>> > information. Can anyone help?
>>
>> An MSN browser setting is probably blocking access.. Do you have a
>> firewall, cookie blocker web accelerator, etc. running through the MSN
>> browser, but not IE?
>>
>> --
>>
>> +Elmo_Tech
>> MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 11:30:33 PM

OK, here is what I have found out.
Downloaded MSN7 from download.com, installed, and everything works
fine.
Upgraded to MSN9, game not working in MSN Explorer.
So MSN9 definitely has a problem that prevents reinstallation from
working properly.

!