Use 98 SE with new computer? *DELETED*

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
sounds good to me but I would go ahead and use the lan on the mobo nothin wrong with it and you free up a pci slot ( I use the onboard lan on my soyo p4s ultra but not the cmedia sound and I no longer use the raid but did previously and it worked just fine in 98se w\2x 40 gb maxtors)

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?lagger" target="_new"> All Nude Female Jello® Wrestling RuleZ!</A>

doughboy34135

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002
Thanks for the reply. I want to add a sound card but I have heard about problems with the XP CPU and ANY creative Labs product. Do you know if It's true? Could i use the turtle beach card?
Peace

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
well I have a p-4 and use the turtle beach .. great card but I really can't answer you honestly about the xp although I dont see why there should be any issue

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?lagger" target="_new"> All Nude Female Jello® Wrestling RuleZ!</A>

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
Give the minimum a chance before assuming you need to spend more - the lan on board should be no problem. I have zero knowledge of raid only that I don't see why everyone is doing it.

Don't you want at least a c: and d: on the hdd-0 drive so that when you have to reformat its all ready to go from d: to c:? Your call.

The thing about win98 is you have to keep after it. It takes up less space but its like putting 6 people efficiently into your volkswagon - it doesn't happen by accident but if you can manage it, you save.

John A

Creative and Turtle Beach both work fine with the XP CPU, Turtle Beach is the superior sound card in my opinion, I've got both.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
98SE will work on anything from a 486 to a Pentium 4, including all Athlons, including all XP's. Of course it runs kind of slow on a 486.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>