KeeperHET

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2005
Thanks to the freshly made hole in my side panel + a 32.5 cfm fan there, my CPU, previously which ran at 140F, now runs at a nice 122F / 50C

also, note for making a hole on the side... work from the inside, ESPECIALLY if your case is painted / otherwise coloured. I did mine from the outside and i have some silver spirals to show for it =/

woo! prolonged use, cpu is down to 118 :)

<font color=purple>
AMD Athlon XP2400+
MSI 6600GT 128meg
1 Gig DDR Ram
240Gigs HDD space
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
7 40mm, 3 60mm, 4 80mm 1 blower
228.13 total CFM
</font color=purple>

KeeperHET

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2005
errr no?

Should i just go with black (hrmm will have to buy some i guess) to try to mask my awesome spirals (rotary tool + grinding edge = out of control = nasty marks) or is it for sealing use or something? please explain the importance!

<font color=purple>
AMD Athlon XP2400+
MSI 6600GT 128meg
1 Gig DDR Ram
240Gigs HDD space
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
7 40mm, 3 60mm, 4 80mm 1 blower
228.13 total CFM
</font color=purple>

KeeperHET

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2005
this may look like a dumb post but ehhhh so the other case panels which are only painted on the outside, and appear bare, unsealed metal on the inside are OK? also, the tears + nicks its gotten over time, those are fine or do they need to be sealed too?
oh, one FINAL thing, would <A HREF="http://www.desiccare.com/unitpak.htm" target="_new">silica gel (anti moisture) packs</A> in the case be a good idea?

<font color=red>Newbie in no time[redd]
<font color=purple>
AMD Athlon XP2400+
MSI 6600GT 128meg
1 Gig DDR Ram
240Gigs HDD space
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
</font color=purple>

KeeperHET

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2005
mines from 3 years ago, so the "currently" might not apply ;) My case is scratched up pretty bad, im considering repainting it someday, maybe even try to get it to look like plastic, so a pearl colour would fit nicely.

the scratch on the top of the case is as clean as the inside, so, <shrug> not a bit rusty or discoloured :)

<font color=red>Newbie in no time[redd]
<font color=purple>
AMD Athlon XP2400+
MSI 6600GT 128meg
1 Gig DDR Ram
240Gigs HDD space
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
</font color=purple>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have a galvanized case here that's 8 years old and still shiney!

Hey, some of my old Gateway chassis were TIN plated, they really sparkled!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Hmm, you sure it does not smell like dry cleaning? That could be the film left over from all that wanking you do while viewing your extensive pron collection.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
see

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
BTW, the salt is prolly causing much of the oxidation.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, you get zinc oxide. How fast it happens depends on the galvinization process and the environment, some coatings last longer than others.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Looks like you got what you paid for...

You have a lot of acid rain? Burning too many candles in the house? I know you've had too many puss-filled visits from Wingy! :wink: