"Speeding up" Black Hole's voice

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
just slightly without affecting the other sounds?

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

ronald

If this was a williams machine I would recommend changing your
oscilator crystal (kinda funny to slower the speed on a pinbot
Speech/BGM board). But its not, I would check your DAC(SSS1408-6P) or
even your NE555P timer.

--Ron

Yes, the voice speed is controlled by pot R6 on the S/S board. It is
the left of two pots in the lower-right-hand corner of the board
(assuming you're looking at it with the edge connector on the right).

Darren

Heh. The Knight is no fast talker as neither his
buddy Gorgar....Pretty common for the available
technology of the day.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===========================

Rob wrote:
> I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
> voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
> to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
> just slightly without affecting the other sounds?

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I believe Darren is correct, you can adjust the pot and change the
voice characteristics. If you want to see this done, check out the
TOPS Haunted House/Black Hole videos.

- Don

Uhh, nevermind.....

I was thinking Black KNIGHT.

Yes, there is an adjustment on the "Hole"

There are some 'adjustable resistors' on the sound board.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8