"Speeding up" Black Hole's voice

I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
just slightly without affecting the other sounds?

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

    If this was a williams machine I would recommend changing your
    oscilator crystal (kinda funny to slower the speed on a pinbot
    Speech/BGM board). But its not, I would check your DAC(SSS1408-6P) or
    even your NE555P timer.

    --Ron

    Yes, the voice speed is controlled by pot R6 on the S/S board. It is
    the left of two pots in the lower-right-hand corner of the board
    (assuming you're looking at it with the edge connector on the right).

    Darren

    Heh. The Knight is no fast talker as neither his
    buddy Gorgar....Pretty common for the available
    technology of the day.

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    ===========================

    Rob wrote:
    > I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
    > voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
    > to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
    > just slightly without affecting the other sounds?

    I believe Darren is correct, you can adjust the pot and change the
    voice characteristics. If you want to see this done, check out the
    TOPS Haunted House/Black Hole videos.

    - Don

    Uhh, nevermind.....

    I was thinking Black KNIGHT.

    Yes, there is an adjustment on the "Hole"

    There are some 'adjustable resistors' on the sound board.

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    ========================
    Fred Kemper wrote:
    > Heh. The Knight is no fast talker as neither his
    > buddy Gorgar....Pretty common for the available
    > technology of the day.
    >

    > ===========================
    >
    > Rob wrote:
    > > I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
    > > voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
    > > to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
    > > just slightly without affecting the other sounds?

    Yes, I turned that pot right there you mentioned and sure enough the
    voice sounds a little faster! Just right! Thanks so much!

    --
    Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
    http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Games Video Games