"Speeding up" Black Hole's voice

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 16, 2005 10:13:52 AM

I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
just slightly without affecting the other sounds?

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

If this was a williams machine I would recommend changing your
oscilator crystal (kinda funny to slower the speed on a pinbot
Speech/BGM board). But its not, I would check your DAC(SSS1408-6P) or
even your NE555P timer.

--Ron
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 10:22:51 AM

Yes, the voice speed is controlled by pot R6 on the S/S board. It is
the left of two pots in the lower-right-hand corner of the board
(assuming you're looking at it with the edge connector on the right).

Darren
September 16, 2005 10:29:18 AM

Heh. The Knight is no fast talker as neither his
buddy Gorgar....Pretty common for the available
technology of the day.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===========================

Rob wrote:
> I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
> voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
> to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
> just slightly without affecting the other sounds?
September 16, 2005 11:10:32 AM

I believe Darren is correct, you can adjust the pot and change the
voice characteristics. If you want to see this done, check out the
TOPS Haunted House/Black Hole videos.

- Don
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:23:44 PM

Uhh, nevermind.....

I was thinking Black KNIGHT.

Yes, there is an adjustment on the "Hole"

There are some 'adjustable resistors' on the sound board.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
========================
Fred Kemper wrote:
> Heh. The Knight is no fast talker as neither his
> buddy Gorgar....Pretty common for the available
> technology of the day.
>

> ===========================
>
> Rob wrote:
> > I don't know if it's me or what, but sometimes it seems the electonic
> > voice on my Black Hole machine sounds a bit slow. All other sounds seem
> > to play at the correct speed. Is there any way to "speed up" the voice
> > just slightly without affecting the other sounds?
September 16, 2005 7:03:56 PM

Yes, I turned that pot right there you mentioned and sure enough the
voice sounds a little faster! Just right! Thanks so much!

--
!