Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help finding best laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
September 9, 2010 3:53:58 AM

I'm planning on getting a new laptop/netbook and I want something that's very portable so i can carry it to school everyday on top of all my books. If anyone could help me narrow down my search it would be much appreciated.

1. Screen Size: 11.6 - 13.3 (preferably 12.1 but any of these work.)

2. Budget: Around $500 but obviously as cheap as possible.

3. CPU: At least a duel core. A single core wont cut it for my needs.

4. Specific Needs: Of course I will be doing day to day tasks such as: Web surfing, typing papers/homework/notes, and watching videos; however, I want to be able to play some games. The highest demand game i will most likely play will be Guild Wars 2 when it comes out. HDMI is a want also because i want the ability to output good quality 720p videos to TVs.

5. Preferred Dealer: Newegg or Amazon.


The main laptops/netbooks I'm looking at right now are the Acer Aspire AS1551-4755 and the ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1215N and I am leaning towards the 1215n.

Also I would like the know which GPU is better the Ion 2 or the AMD 4225.

Thank you.

More about : finding laptop

a b D Laptop
September 9, 2010 6:01:26 PM

korinu said:
I'm planning on getting a new laptop/netbook and I want something that's very portable so i can carry it to school everyday on top of all my books. If anyone could help me narrow down my search it would be much appreciated.

1. Screen Size: 11.6 - 13.3 (preferably 12.1 but any of these work.)

2. Budget: Around $500 but obviously as cheap as possible.

3. CPU: At least a duel core. A single core wont cut it for my needs.

4. Specific Needs: Of course I will be doing day to day tasks such as: Web surfing, typing papers/homework/notes, and watching videos; however, I want to be able to play some games. The highest demand game i will most likely play will be Guild Wars 2 when it comes out. HDMI is a want also because i want the ability to output good quality 720p videos to TVs.

5. Preferred Dealer: Newegg or Amazon.


The main laptops/netbooks I'm looking at right now are the Acer Aspire AS1551-4755 and the ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1215N and I am leaning towards the 1215n.

Also I would like the know which GPU is better the Ion 2 or the AMD 4225.

Thank you.


Hi there,

From looking at reviews, it seems the Ion 2 performs better than the AMD 4225. Since are gaming, you may want to go with the Asus since it has the better GPU.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
m
0
l
Related resources
September 10, 2010 8:22:13 AM

IsabellaWinTeam said:
Hi there,

From looking at reviews, it seems the Ion 2 performs better than the AMD 4225. Since are gaming, you may want to go with the Asus since it has the better GPU.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team


Thank you Isabella
I've spend a while trying to find info on the two and comparing the two but its pretty slim from what i've found.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
September 10, 2010 4:58:22 PM

korinu said:
Thank you Isabella
I've spend a while trying to find info on the two and comparing the two but its pretty slim from what i've found.


You're welcome! Looks like the Ion 2 is the better choice. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Share
September 10, 2010 5:23:51 PM

Best answer selected by korinu.
m
0
l
!