Sign in with
Your question

My LED monitor (Acer S232HL) heats up on the left side within 2 hours

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 27, 2011 11:33:02 PM

I got an Acer S232HL and the left side of the monitor is heating up after 2 hours of use. Is this normal or is something wrong here?
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2011 3:44:43 AM

That is weird. You wouldn't happen to have a thermometer that you could read the temp with would you? Is that the side the power cable connects into?

If you don't have a thermometer how hot would you describe it when touching it with your hand?
m
l
December 28, 2011 4:03:09 AM

skaz said:
That is weird. You wouldn't happen to have a thermometer that you could read the temp with would you? Is that the side the power cable connects into?

If you don't have a thermometer how hot would you describe it when touching it with your hand?

It's quite hot. Holding my hand an inch away from the left side, I can feel the heat radiate. It's not extremely hot, but it's still very warm. And this happens within a couple of hours of use. The monitor uses a power brick so it doesn't use the traditional power cable. The input for the adapter is on the right side and the heat is on the left, so no, it's not on the same side.
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2011 4:34:40 AM

Hm, hard to tell what the problem is. I'd be curious to see the inside of that monitor to see how things are laid out. If your within the return period you could exchange it. If you do let us know if the same thing happens with the new one.
m
l
December 28, 2011 4:38:20 AM

skaz said:
Hm, hard to tell what the problem is. I'd be curious to see the inside of that monitor to see how things are laid out. If your within the return period you could exchange it. If you do let us know if the same thing happens with the new one.

Exchanging tomorrow, I'll see what happens.
m
l
!