Sign in with
Your question

Qosmio G25 restore disks

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 9, 2010 4:41:19 PM

I'm looking for OEM restore disks for my Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513. There is no restore partition & Toshiba stopped providing the DVD's for this model. Any suggestions?
a b D Laptop
September 9, 2010 5:33:45 PM

There should be a recovery partition, unless you replaced the hard drive. Have you tried power off the laptop, holding down 0 and then turning it back on? If there is indeed no recovery partition, get in touch with Toshiba and they should send you the recovery disks for free.
m
l
September 10, 2010 8:47:44 PM

buwish said:
There should be a recovery partition, unless you replaced the hard drive. Have you tried power off the laptop, holding down 0 and then turning it back on? If there is indeed no recovery partition, get in touch with Toshiba and they should send you the recovery disks for free.

Unfortunately, it's a 2005 model & they hadn't yet started using recovery partitions. Toshiba discontinued support & software for this model & suggested that I buy a new retail version of xp. I paid $2600 for this thing in 2005. I'm not putting another dime into it. I'll wait until I can find someone willing to burn me a copy of their OEM disks.
m
l
Related resources
!