Does anyone know why rivets were used instead of screws or..

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 11:09:31 AM

Hi All,
Went to change the grey plastic out on the Dr Who mini-playfied, 30
second job I thought. Then I realised that there were rivets holding
on the bulb parts, OK so now I've got to drill out the rivets, and
replace them. Not a big deal, but not a 30 second job either.

I'm thinking to myself, "Why did they use rivets? Was it cost?
Efficiency? Easier production process?"

Can anyone shed any light?

regards
paul

More about : rivets screws

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:21:23 AM

easier production, more reliable than screws.
!