Does anyone know why rivets were used instead of screws or..

Hi All,
Went to change the grey plastic out on the Dr Who mini-playfied, 30
second job I thought. Then I realised that there were rivets holding
on the bulb parts, OK so now I've got to drill out the rivets, and
replace them. Not a big deal, but not a 30 second job either.

I'm thinking to myself, "Why did they use rivets? Was it cost?
Efficiency? Easier production process?"

Can anyone shed any light?

regards
paul
1 answer Last reply
More about does rivets screws

    easier production, more reliable than screws.

Games Video Games