I found the problem!! Question?

My blue screen "IRQ_equal_or_less..." error turned out to be a memory stick....I found this out by establishing a new harddrive and running memtest, after learning about it. Man, can that really create problems!

Quesion:
Questions:
Master Sata Drive = clean load (XP didn't ask for Win '98 verification)
Slave Sata Drive = XP asked for '98 verification (most likely running off '98 kernel)
The game SH3 is located on my Slave HDD, if I click to play, will it run off of the Slave XP configured HDD? In order to eliminate this, will I need to format my E: (slave) drive as a storage only device for my games, pics, etc....? I believe I'll use my C: drive (master) for XP & Internet searches only!! Bare minimum to eliminate future problems.
3 answers Last reply
More about found problem question
  1. Glad you found the issue! Just on ebad stick? Was it a matched pair? Going to RMA the memory?

The SATA questions would probably get more/better response in the HDD forum...

Mike.
  3. Most games have an exe fille, in thier main folder. Any link to that should start the game. You can just add a shortcut, usually.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Hard Drives Windows XP